Chapter 4

[Mille-Feuille Nabe is a simple Japanese hot pot that is made with napa cabbage and pork belly slices cooked in a savory dashi broth.] - reference later in the chapter

To live, Luana lied.

"You just said you are not. How do I believe you're a witch?"

'You didn't believe me when I said no earlier, and now you still don't believe me when I say yes. You don't have any friends, do you? How can you act so superior with such a character!' Luana cried inwardly and lifted her left forearm. When she rolled up her sleeves, there was a pattern that looked like a dark red snake. It seemed so believable on the surface, that Luana had no doubt that the Duke would doubt it.

But the truth was, she got it when she was trying to cook with a metal pot that looked like the most expensive one in the abandoned palace. The nanny was frightened when she had a scar on her only merit, her fine skin. But Luana excitedly clapped her hands seeing the pretty looking pattern and then played by pretending to be a Black Dragon for a while. She said with a regretful expression while thinking about memories of the past.

"It's actually a witch's mark."

"Then did you use magic to make the jerky?"

"No, it's just my skills... No, you're right! It was a magic jerky!"

"Isn't it harmful for the body?"

"No, it's not harmful at all!"

'It's just a normal dish, so how the hell can it be harmful!' After working a few nights to try something delicious, she bought expensive meat with the money she received and dried it carefully. If that didn't taste good, it's just too unfair! Then no one can keep her from saying her piece of mind.

"It is rather actually good for the body. Because I used pure beef from the Kingdom and then aged it in a clean environment with a refreshing breeze!"

As she talked about the food, the Duke who was caressing the tongs with a boring expression, stopped moving.

"It's really tasty! Besides, what went into the beef jerky is my secret seasoning! It's a special seasoning that can't be found anywhere else in the world. It was what added so much flavor to the jerky!"

"That's not an insect by-product, is it?"

"No. Why would I put that in food?"

"Witches are good at putting such things in."

'Yeah, maybe I should feed you something like that.' Concealing her wicked heart, Luana smiled furtively.

"I didn't put in anything like that. I wouldn't put something like that in my own food."

"Then do you put it in other people's food?"

She must say, he was really a good talker, but as an underdog in this game, Luana just answered calmly.

"No, I don't. I'm too lazy to cook twice."

"Okay, then."

Luana looked nervously at Legion's face

"Cook for me. I'll let you live if I like it."

"Really? Really?"