Chapter 92

Eyes always say a lot—same about Legion's gaze.

Luana's heart felt cold. She couldn't speak since she was afraid, feeling like anything she said would be denied. Without realizing it, she took a step back.

"Luana."

She didn't want to hear Legion's voice. However, she couldn't run away; she stayed, just delaying what was to come.

'I can't run away.'

Luana stood there desperately. She tried to understand what was happening. As Gerald said, things shouldn't have gone this way. If the powder only works to increase people's desires and greed, it's strange now the effect on Legion was his feeling toward Luana disappeared. Only then, Luana realized,

Gerald lied!

'Then what is the real effect of this drug?'

Luana turned pale.

She didn't know.

She could only speculate about the drug's effect. But before that, she had to tell Legion about her meeting with Gerald.

"Actually, I know the source of that powder."

"You know the source? You know?"

Legion asked again.

His question made her sad. She couldn't find his former self in those small actions, but now the time was tight. Luana clenched her teeth and continued her story.

"Gerald. Gerald made it. Witches sometimes sell what they make to get the goods of the human world."

"Do you know the effects of the drug?"

"He said it moves people's hearts. It increases your greed or desire to a greater extent. But I don't think that's right. Then it wouldn't be like this now."

Legion agreed with her. Gerald didn't seem to be telling Luana the truth. Gerald seemed to always look at Legion with displeased eyes, and this time he used his own hands in this matter. Legion felt angry. He doesn't know for sure if his greed or desire get increased, but it seems his statement about the effect of moving people's hearts is true.

"I'll have to send a knight there, too."

A witch nature.

Legion, clicking his tongue without realizing it, soon remembered that Luana was also a witch. Her mother cursed him, and she tried her best to break the curse. They had an unusual relationship, but he used to think what they were having was okay because he loved Luana. But what about now?

Legion put his hand on his chest out of habit. He didn't feel any emotion.

"I think keeping our distance for a while is better."

As soon as he said those words, Luana raised her head. She seemed to have a lot to say, but after opening her mouth, she nodded. She felt uncomfortable, but that was it. The heart she loved remains in the past.

"Okay."

Luana answered helplessly, turned her back, and left the room. The fact that there's nothing she can do would be so hard. She wonders why she is a gourmet witch. Luana was in despair. But despair won't change the reality. So she decided to do the only thing she could do. With her weak steps, Luana walked toward the place she was most familiar with.

***

Legion became frustrated. He didn't want to be manipulated by others, so he looked into various ways but couldn't find a solution.

He sent a knight where Gerald lived, but he said the house was already empty. He could not find his whereabouts either, and Madam Safia still knew nothing. Then the Marquis Rusti came to the duke's mansion.