Chapter 55

'I swear to God I didn't mean to go to the finals.'

The purpose was not to win but to look at other contestants, so she thought she would drop out while still cooking properly. But heaven did not help Luana.

"It was like the first time, but the taste is really impressive."

"You pass."

Following the preliminary round, she passed the finals and reached round 16. She served an ordinary steak, which was also well received, and she also passed. She thought, 'Why?' but she remained calm that time because Luana thought she still had more chance of being eliminated. However, the more she cooked, the more she felt like falling into a hole.

"It tastes fantastic."

"I also think this person must pass."

She got praises from the duke, Way, and all the other judges, again and again, and it's escalating. As she climbed and climbed again, it was finally the last day.

It was the final round.

'Ahhh, this isn't right!'

Fortunately, her identity had not been revealed until now, but she did not know what would happen after winning. It was sure the duke tried to keep her by his side, but it was obvious that she would be caught. Luana and Miria couldn't be active at the same time. Although the magic was effective, it couldn't work that far.

Luana stood nervously.

'I have to screw up the dish!'

Let's pretend to make a mistake and add the wrong seasoning. Then no matter how well-received her dish is, she won't be able to win the final. She was a bit sorry that she couldn't play a fair game, but now she had no choice but to do it.

"I'm going to win!"

There was a cook who shouted full of motivation. She was a cook that got evaluated by the duke as 'not bad.' It was a great evaluation for the young cook. Even Way, the cooking genius, had not heard such a review, so she didn't know that this person was even greater.

'Besides, doesn't she look pretty? Maybe the duke will change his mind while eating her dish.'

That thought made her chest tight as usual, but Luana tried to ignore it.

"Let's start cooking!"

The butler came with a small pocket watch to tell the time, and people cheered. The cheers were loud because the final was held in an open kitchen to prevent cheating, which means other people could also watch the whole cooking process!

When Luana heard the cheers, her body trembled a little. Her tense body conveyed a good feeling of excitement. But this time, she has to mess up the dish naturally.

'I can do it!'

Luana clenched her fists. She was going to make beef stew! It's a soup dish, so that any wrong seasoning will ruin the taste. She immediately grabbed the knife and began to cook.

All of her movements flowed naturally like water. There was no disturbance in slicing, boiling, and seasoning the ingredients. People looked at her, admiring.

"After all, it's the finals! The standard is high."

"Right, by the way, she is making a beef stew! My mouth is watering already!"

"The other cook grills the meat with herbs. I guess she is thinking of making something different from grilled meat."

"Oh, it smells so good. The meat will melt in the duke's mouth, right?"