Chapter 40

Actually, she didn't run away. After she figured out how to break the curse, she would be back. She would say that when she met him again, but strangely, she couldn't say it. Standing in front of the duke, who has a cold, overbearing attitude, made her body shrink.

'But I still have to say it!'

Luana struggled to say it. But she found his hand wrapped in a bandage and a skinny arm. Her heart began to throb when she saw it. And a different word slipped out than she thought.

"Why are you so skinny?"

The duke asked back as if in awe. He asked her to explain why she ran away, but she suddenly said something else. He couldn't figure out why. However, she did not keep her mouth shut once she was speechless.

"Your wrists are like twigs. I don't think it was this bad last time. You didn't eat?"

Then she walked up to him and touched his arm. She was not afraid and couldn't read the situation. The duke looked down at Luana, who touched his arm and frowned.

He thought he wouldn't let her off if he met her again. He decided to take away and control even the small freedom he had given. He thought he'd treat her as a witch, not a person.

"You're so skinny. I'm upset."

He was watching her speak like that strangely relieved his heart.

"Why are you upset when I'm skinny?"

"I told you I'd make you gain weight! Of course, I'm upset. I was barely helping you gain weight. Did you have breakfast?"

"No, I don't usually eat breakfast."

"But you still have to eat it! You have to eat to stay healthy."

"But I couldn't eat it."

'The food feels like coarse sand. How can I eat it? I thought it would be better to dig up the soil.'

Luana becomes frustrated after seeing the duke.

'Is there something to eat, anything?'

While searching in her pocket, she found dried fruit wrapped in a handkerchief she hadn't eaten. While looking at the diary, Gerald gave her a snack, but she secretly put it in her pocket to pretend to eat it.

"I only have this."

She didn't make it herself; it would taste terrible. But, she wanted to feed the duke something.

"Do you want to eat this?"

"I..."

'I can't taste anything but what you made.'

He tried to say so, but Luana's gaze was so pathetic that he shut up again. Perhaps she knew the duke's feelings; Luana came closer, picked up the dried fruit, and put it around his mouth.

"Try it."

"It's useless."

"But you should eat something! Do you know how thin you look right now?"

When Luana nagged him, the duke stared at her. He lowered his head and slowly opened his mouth. She put dried fruit in his mouth. At first glance, her fingertips seemed to rub against his lips.

"It's not good."

While saying so, the duke did not spit out the dried fruit. Seeing him chewing it hard and swallowing it down his throat, Luana gave him another fruit.

"It doesn't taste good."

"I'll make you something more delicious later."

"When will be that 'later'?"