Chapter 65

Luana wanted to escape, but it was impossible because someone was always watching her. When they brought Luana, they were not wholly convinced. For that reason, her position was rather vague here as well. Although she was a princess with royal blood, they treated her differently from Ingrid; the difference was between earth and heaven.

'No, it didn't matter. It has always been this way.'

What bothered her more was the duke's meal. Whether it's about the food he is eating or maintaining his weight. She couldn't control the constant worry.

Luana sighed deeply as she nibbled at the hard bread. Then the man in charge of monitoring her frowned and looked grim.

She had a rough idea of what kind of misunderstanding there was. Because next to her, Ingrid was laughing and eating the hard bread. There is a lovely princess who tries to eat well and a hated princess who doesn't. He might think she's picky about food.

'But the taste is too awful.'

The bread was dry and hard; no matter how she chewed, it didn't moisten. The bread can't go down her throat properly. So was about the jerky.

'How can I be thankful and eat this?! If he hadn't kidnapped me, I'd be eating well and living well in the duchy! No, if only I had my own spices! If it were, I would have made this grossly bad food worth eating!'

Luana groaned and jumped up, approaching Cain. Who was sitting on the other side.

"Give it to me!"

Cain looked up at Luana with a questioning look on his face as she reached out her hand.

"Return my pocket!"

"I can't give it back because I'm not sure what it is."

"Didn't I say it was spices and herbal powder?"

"I can't believe you. I will return to the hideout to find out for sure and return it to you."

Cain politely declined. Luana clenched her teeth, sat down on the spot, and cleared her throat.

'I didn't want to do this way.'

Luana took a deep breath and shouted,

"Give me back my pocket!"

She stamped her feet. She didn't lie on the floor to save her face, but in an instant, Cain's expression looked perplexed, which had been hardened all along. He approached her fast and blocked Luana's mouth.

"Mmph!"

Seeing that, Ingrid also approached in surprise.

"Luana, what's wrong?"

"Mmph!"

"Sir Cain, let me tell you. I think it's okay to take your hand off."

"But,"

"Luana, you're not going to scream anymore, are you?"

Luana nodded. Then Cain hesitated and removed his hand, and she could only breathe comfortably.

"Give me my pocket."

"Didn't I say I couldn't give it to you?"

"Pocket? What do you mean?"

"He stole my pocket!"

"I just take it because it has suspicious items."

"It is not! It's just spices."

The two began to quarrel. Ingrid doesn't know because she just joined, but it's already been many times when the two have fought like that. Usually, Luana would explode about her meal. And the end of the dispute was always similar. Cain turns coldly, and Luana clenches her teeth and stares at him.