Chapter 85

Albert said as if he had noticed such a question.

"To be precise, our family does not only serve His Majesty the Emperor. The purpose is to protect all the people of the imperial family from generation to generation."

For example, he was a guard of the imperial family for generations. At the same time, he said that the royal family and blood were mixed in the middle, and because of that, in a way, they were also distant relatives.

"Of course, not being able to protect His Majesty this time is a painful mistake. I'll be punished when I go back. I'm willing to bear all of that, of course. But before that, there's one thing I need to solve."

"What's that?"

"Do you know Sir Henry?"

"Sir Henry. Yes, I know."

He was referring to the knights she met while staying at the duke's house. A knight who was said to be a distant relative of the imperial family with a cheerful personality somewhere. She forgot about him, but she remembered when she heard the name.

"He's also a member of my family."

Luana looked surprised at Albert's words.

"Right, Sir Legion has inherited the blood of the Imperial family. It's even closest to His Majesty. Your Majesty had no empress, no successor. So the answer is one."

"Legion is the next emperor."

It was a surprise.

"That's right."

But what does that have to do with her? Luana was somehow caught up in an ominous feeling.

"I don't think the princess of the fallen kingdom is worthy of the position of the empress. You used to be a royal family, but now there is no kingdom. There are many better options."

"I'm not the option."

Luana gave herself an answer, and she was surprised by it herself. They have a contractual relationship. How confident? But she didn't even think about giving up. As long as Legion didn't let go of Luana, she would stay with him.

Albert's expression, which had been calm with his confident tone, distorted.

"Are you really confident that you can stand there?"

"I'm confident. I don't say there's one thing that I don't have."

"Have you not learned anything because you were abandoned?"

"I can learn now."

"It's called useless confidence."

Albert seemed unwilling to back down easily. But neither did Luana. Giving up Legion for this?! It was impossible.

"You have to shut up, you know. Don't regret saying something wrong later."

Luana spoke proudly and leaned her head back into the carriage. Albert stayed for a while and left. Legion then approached the carriage and talked to her.

"What did you two just talk about?"

"We didn't talk much. By the way, you seem to be overdoing it, are you okay?"

She could have told him all if she wanted to, but she decided to keep my mouth shut. Albert's nosy will eventually come from loyalty. If she crosses her line, Luana will not stand still then, but not yet.

"I'm fine for now. Didn't you cook for me yesterday?"

She had to do it for him. However, there was a limit to the food that could be cooked on the street, so she couldn't feed him as much as she wanted. Ingredients! If only she had more ingredients! Luana had a sad expression.