Chapter 38

Looking at Luana, lost in thought, Gerald sighed a little.

Just as Luana learns about the witch from Gerald, he also learns about Luana. It wasn't long before he noticed she had a thing for the duke. He couldn't tell if it was love or friendship, but he didn't like it either way.

'Why him from all people!'

He was from the witch-slayer family! He hasn't killed a witch yet, but look at what his ancestors did. They did what they deserved to be cursed at and did not reflect on themselves. Even that was not enough; they even caught witches and killed them. Gerald can't believe Luana likes someone from that family. He was displeased in many ways but decided not to talk about it.

Because the little witch would get angry when he denied what they believed. In this part, the older one needed to be considerate. He also planned to hide the wanted sign of Luana from her for the time being. If he told her, it'd only bother Luana. There was something more important than that now.

Gerald talked to Luana as he sorted out his shopping basket. Luana, secretly reaching out to the diary he had put down, looked at him, startled. She looked like a cat who was caught stealing fish. It was cute, so he couldn't help smiling.

"By the way, there's something I didn't tell you."

"What? What is it?"

"This Witch's Night is in three days. I'm going to be away for a while. Do you want to come with me?"

"In three days?"

"Yes, it is usually held once every three to five years, and that's this year."

"So you say I'll have to wait three to five years to become a witch next time?"

"Yeah."

"Argh!"

Luana screamed and put her hands around her cheek. She hasn't decided yet whether she will remain human or whether she will be a witch, but The Witch's Night is three days away! If she misses this time, she must wait a few years for the next. She stomped her feet around the living room.

If she's simply deciding her own future, she'll be fine with it a little more relaxed. But what Luana was looking, for now, was a way to break the duke's curse. She confirmed that there was nothing else in the diary except the beginning of the curse. No matter how often she reread it, except for a few daily stories, everything was just a recipe for cooking.

She tried flipping it over to see if there was a hidden password, splashed some water on it, and even put it close to the candle, but there was nothing! So she changed my mind; maybe she'll have to be a witch to figure out how to lift the curse?

She was going to ask more about Witch's Night and witches when Gerald returned.

'But... I didn't know it would be in three days!'

Now she began to pull her hair with both hands covering her cheeks. Tears welled up in her eyes at the pain she felt on her scalp, but her nervousness subsided a bit. Then, she asked Gerald,

"Gerald!"

"Yes, Luana."

"Can Gerald also curse others?

"I can."

"Then, do you know how to break the curse?"

"Isn't it in Elanya's diary?"

"There was nothing. I've read it, and there was nothing. So can you please tell me how to break the curse? You said if I looked into the diary, I would know, but nothing was written about that! So please tell me if there's any other way."