Chapter 69

Cain's answer was firm, but things didn't go as well as he thought. He cracked down on those who spread rumors and alerted them, but the rumor was still secretly circulating. Despite the difficult situation, he didn't give up. For Ingrid, for the future of the kingdom.

Ingrid also did not stand still. She tried to move more actively and gain power. She was indeed a reliable princess. Yes, she was the kind of person who would later become queen and help establish the kingdom.

That was what Cain thought. On the other hand, Marquis Livre's person came to Cain.

"He wanted to meet Sir Cain."

In the past, Cain was someone they wouldn't be able to talk to so easily. But since the times have already changed, Cain had to bow down to him and let him in.

"I'll meet him."

"Oh, ask the youngest princess to come with you when you come."

"Do you mean Miss Luana?"

"Yes."

Cain clenched his teeth. He wanted to reject Marquis Livre because he seemed to have ulterior motives, but he couldn't because the conditions the Marquis offered him were good. He was already struggling here and there and tried to decrease the amount of food to serve to the death squad, but no matter what, he couldn't refuse the Marquis' money and support.

"I'll bring her there."

In the end, there was only one answer.

"That's a wise choice."

The Marquis' person replied with an unpleasant smirk. Unconsciously, Cain felt the contempt on his face and raised his hand to hold his sword, but he didn't act hastily because he still needed Marquis Livre.

Cain sent in Marquis Livre's person and found Luana.

Bang!

Luana was still busy in the kitchen today. Next to her, several strong men were helping her, each with a smile on their face.

"What is our meal today?"

"Wild boar stew. Sir Luke caught a wild boar this time. I got some of that meat."

"Oh, my God, it must be delicious!"

It was a very friendly atmosphere. He was reluctant to intervene but couldn't postpone it because it was an important matter. Cain spoke to Luana.

"Let's talk for a minute."

"What do you want to talk about? Can't you just do it here?"

"It's an important matter."

"Well, I'm almost done cooking anyway."

Luana took off her apron and told the men who were helping her. She followed Cain out of the kitchen. After leaving the kitchen, they walked for a long time and headed to a remote place—a place where no one could eavesdrop.

"What's really going on?"

By then, Luana was also very curious about what Cain was trying to say. Cain sighed deeply and turned around and asked.

"Do you know the Marquis Livre?"

"I don't know."

"He was quite famous in the kingdom."

"If he's famous among nobles, I don't know."

"I see."

Cain paused for a moment to organize his thoughts.

"But why do you ask?"

"I'm going to see him this time."

He goes to meet someone quite famous in the kingdom. He seemed to be related to the death squad. But Luana couldn't figure out why he was telling it her.