Chapter 78

Raytheon thought,

'So what? No matter how precious she is, Ingrid was only a princess of a small kingdom.'

However, she dares to threaten her own life. It was an arrogant act that anyone could never tolerate.

'Who do you think you are?'

How high is her worth that she dares to threaten him, the emperor of the empire, using her life?

"Don't come near!"

Even if she pulled a stunt this way, it was not easy for him to die. Ingrid was exhausted; she had never been trained in martial arts and had only grown up beautifully. He could stop her hand before it started to stab his neck, or he could just let her die. For Raytheon, as the emperor, he could do whatever he wanted, and he would be saved by his men anytime.

'Why can't I move?'

He could've ordered the duke to pin her down as the duke was ready and only waited for the emperor's command. But he couldn't bring himself to give his signal. He felt like the easiest thing in the world was difficult now.

"Ingrid."

He managed to speak, but the only thing he could do was call her name.

Hearing Raytheon's voice calling her name, she tightened her hand, holding the dagger, and looked at him with disgust.

He couldn't hurt Ingrid, who said all her love for him was a lie.

Because his love for her wasn't a lie.

The moment he realized that his mind went blank. He had a hard time controlling his body as he started getting dizzy. His chest tightened, making him difficult to breathe. But he endured it and thought if he made a mistake, Ingrid would die.

"Your Majesty."

The duke called Raytheon in a whisper, but Raytheon didn't answer him. He only raised his hand as if telling him to stay still.

"Don't act foolish."

He squeezed his voice, but Ingrid smirked.

"Then let me go."

He didn't want to let her go, but he didn't wish Ingrid to die or get hurt. In the meantime, Raytheon was in a tight spot and finally concluded. There was only one answer for the person he loved.

"Step back."

The duke looked at Raytheon, confused, and then stepped back. Raytheon also stepped back, and Ingrid ran to Cain.

"Are you okay?"

"Princess."

As they looked at each other, his heart sank. She felt sick and nauseous.

'What kind of emotion is this?'

"Let's run away."

"I'm injured. You can go alone."

The princess of the ruined kingdom and her knight. On the surface, it was a good picture.

"I can't go alone."

Ingrid spoke determinedly and tried to support Cain. Cain refused to walk, but he couldn't win over Ingrid. He struggled out of his seat and began to walk out with Ingrid.

"Let go all of them."

Ingrid returned to her usual way of speaking as if her heart had calmed down. She spoke just the way Raytheon had always known. But contrary to what it seems, the only thing that fills her words is hate.

Raytheon ordered the duke.

"Stop all of them."

The duke bowed and immediately told the knight and soldiers to retreat. Raytheon saw Ingrid walk away. He wanted to catch her badly but resisted because Ingrid still had the dagger on her neck.