Chapter 8

While thinking so, Legion got up on the bed. But instead of lying down, he leaned back against the pillow on his back and hugged his scabbard. He was so cruel because he was determined to pull his sword anytime.

'What kind of food can make you gain weight easily? I thought it would be good to make beef bone soup by boiling oxtail, or to boil some meat until it was tender. If I feed him three meals a day and make some dessert, he will gain some weight. Then Legion's swordsmanship skills may improve further.' Even if one is good at what they are doing, one should not ignore their body.

'Are you going to attack me if I acted crazy?'

He was one of the best swordsmen in the Empire. 'If I went over the line, he might be able to break my fingers apart.' muttered Luana while she sat down on the sofa. She leaned down and dozed off, but the Duke's eyes were never closed.

On the other hand, Luana was sleepy, and saliva dripped down her lips.

"U-uh... are you not sleeping?"

Still, she couldn't fall asleep in front of a dangerous person, so she asked lightly, and the Duke raised his head.

"I usually don't sleep long at night, nor can I sleep deeply."

"Is that a curse, too?"

Perhaps because she was half asleep, the question came out quickly without fear.

"Yes."

"The witch's curse?"

This time, there was no answer, but she was sure it was a witch's curse.

"Excuse me, Duke. If I'm not a witch,"

"Didn't you say you are a witch?"

'Should I say I was lying?' Seeing his fierce expression, she couldn't say anything.

"Casting curses is not my field."

She instantly woke up. Luana gave an excuse while laughing awkwardly. Since then, there has been no further conversation.

'Thank God.' Luana stroked her chest and closed her eyes. Luana was very tired then she fell asleep.

* * *

"U-um."

She frowned at the sunlight that was shining through the window. 'Where is the light coming from?'

She likes to wake up late in the morning, so she usually covers all the windows. Luana hugged a vast bundle of blankets right in front of her. The blanket was rigid and stiffer than usual, but she was too sleepy to care.

She smiled as she enjoyed her sleep. She was happy to hear the birds chirping outside. 'How long has it been that I was able to sleep and hear the birds chirping?' Luana suddenly remembered the situation before she slept and stopped what she was doing.

She slept on the sofa by herself. There was no such thing as a blanket, and the couch wasn't this wide. However, there was enough room to lift her legs, covered in blankets. 'No way? No, It can't be.' Luana continued to sleep and stroked the massive bundle of blankets with her hands.

She felt something hard at the end of her stroking. As she flinched, something caught the tip of her fingers. She drew it round a circle with her fingers. Luana retrieved her hand and covered her eyes with her hands, pretending to struggle. She did it just in case to cover up her trembling eyes.

'I must be crazy, this is crazy!'

She just wanted to roll down and run away and run as far away as possible to a safe place without the Duke.