Chapter 66

He thought food touched people's hearts. Eating food in a tough situation has resulted in great power.

"What are you going to cook today?"

"It's the same as usual! But I want to change the herbs a bit."

"Oh, I'm looking forward to it."

And that power gave Luana freedom. Of course, she wasn't completely free because Cain was next to her, watching her, but at least it was better than before. People also treated her better. They became more friendly and sometimes approached her. It was unavoidable no matter how much Cain was wary of Luana.

"Even if you look at me that way, I don't put anything strange in."

"I can't believe it."

"Is that all you can say, Sir Cain?"

"It's not like that."

Only Cain was stubborn. He couldn't entirely trust Luana. He doesn't know what the life of the abandoned princess was like, but considering that time, it wasn't unreasonable. She entrusted herself to the Duke of The Empire and willingly stayed with him, unlike Ingrid, who had to conceal her real feelings.

"If you could go back, would you go back?"

"Where?"

"To the duke."

"I would."

Luana replied indifferently as she cooked. Yes, Cain was annoyed by Luana's answer.

"Can't you be more aware of yourself as a princess?"

"Well, I never grew up as a princess in the first place. Would you like to taste this?"

She suddenly brought the stew into the small bowl in front of his mouth. Today, one of his men caught a rabbit nearby. She used the meat to make the soup, resulting in a rich and thicker taste than yesterday's soup. It was a taste that everyone would like.

"It's delicious."

Luana grinned when he replied sullenly. It was not the graceful and elegant smile of any nobles, but when he saw that smile, that sometimes made his heart race.

'Is it because I'm wary of her?'

Cain thought so. His eyes keep looking at her tiny wrists and keep talking to her to dig up some information. Moreover, she was a dangerous person and different from Ingrid.

Ingrid was a princess who had to be treated more preciously than Luana. The two surviving princesses were obliged to save the kingdom, and Cain wanted to marry a princess. Cain had already spoken to Ingrid for consent. Without hesitation, she said she would sacrifice herself for the sake of her kingdom. It was an excellent example of royalty.

On the other hand, what about Luana? From the looks of what she does, she doesn't look like royalty. And from the way she talks, it seems like she has a feeling toward the duke. 'The slayer can't even love anyone. What a foolish woman.'

"Boil it a little more, and it's done."

Luana shouted, and a cheer came from outside. Under the increasingly tight web of chasing, the meals provided by Luana gave them a little pleasure. However, they won't taste it again if she starts running again.

Luana gave everyone the food, sat on a flat stone, and stretched her legs. 'Should I put drugs in the food while pretending to cook or use transformation powder?' She had a lot of worries, but she couldn't do anything in the end.

Even if she transforms, she'll be caught by Cain, who is always next to her. She is hesitant to use the drugs in the food because if they fall asleep, what comes next must be her death. Although she was reincarnated and had many resolutions, she has not yet dared to kill many lives.