Chapter 36

Gerald gave a room to Luana, and she opened the diary first as soon as she entered. He said she could learn about her mother's past and the curse. In the novel, the source of the curse is unknown. And she doesn't know if she could lift the duke's curse. The novel also stated the duke carried his curse until he died. Just by thinking about it, her heart raced.

The elegant handwriting caught her eye when she turned over the thick book cover.

[I leave this diary to my descendants.

-Elanya]

Flip-

Luana turned the diary page cautiously.

Page one, two, three... as she read slowly, she suddenly jumped out of her seat. She immediately left the room and approached Gerald who was sitting in the living room chair.

"Gerald! About Elanya! No, what kind of witch was my mother?"

As Luana asked with a sparkle in her eyes, Gallard looked at me with a surprised expression.

There is a witch of potion and also a witch of space. Seeing that there were such titles, Luana knew that each witch had its own characteristics. So she thought that if she read Elanya's diary, she would be able to find out about her characteristics as well. She turned over the diary.

[I tried wild boar meat for the first time. It has a fantastic taste that is a little different from pork. Oil glazed over the meat of boar raised by picking up acorns in the forest. All I need to prepare is a special herb and salt to remove the smell of wild boar meat.]

[I made caramel today. Sweet and bitter coffee-flavored caramel that melts in my mouth. All I need to prepare are coffee powder, whipped cream, a lot of sugar, and salt. I'm still not good at magic, so the coffee was bitter than I expected.]

The contents that filled the front pages were all about cooking. Among them, the desserts are overwhelming! She wrote several complex recipes and succeeded in making them even without machines. And there was one word that had to be in that part.

Magic.

Luana might be able to extract a lot of cacao that she has bought!

Gerald's expression, looking at Luana with excitement, quickly softened.

"Of course, as expected from Elanya's child. I guess you two have similar interests. All right, Elanya was a gourmet witch. When it comes to cooking, no one can match her."

"T-then, can I use the same magic?"

She was so excited she stuttered. Then Gerald raised his hand to soothe Luana's excitement.

"Relax a little."

"I'm relaxed!"

"You don't look like you are."

"So, can I use magic?"

"Well, in conclusion, that's impossible."

"Why?"

For the first time in her life, Luana was greatly disappointed. Her mother, Elanya, could use magic, but why she can't? He said the witch's daughter is definitely a witch!

"You are not an official witch yet, so you can't use any magic. To use magic, you must officially become a witch."

"How do I officially become a witch?!"

"You can participate in the Witch's Night and go through a simple ritual; then, you're officially a witch. But Luana, witches have their own special magic and are not good at using other magic other than their specialty. Even if you become a witch, you don't know if your magic will be like Elanya's."