Chapter 14

"What?"

"Take it out."

'What do you mean by something hard?'

Luana, who tilted her head in wonder, soon realized. The fact that she still had the poison bottle she got from the maid is in the pocket of her apron!

The Duke's suspicious gaze reached Luana.

'I take it out or not will result in I ended up dead.'

"Don't get me wrong. This is not mine."

"I told you to take it out."

"It's really not mine."

Luana, who said so, took out the purple bottle with trembling hands. As soon as he saw it, the Duke's expression turned cold.

"Is it poison?"

As he said that, her hands trembled even more. Recognizing the seriousness of the situation, the trembling never stopped.

"I-I don't know."

But it's probably poison. Otherwise, what else can the captured King send to the abandoned princess? Luana was falsely accused.

If the King prepared poison to kill him, Luana wouldn't feel wrong. She was trying to throw it away after all.

"I see. You're part of the royal family, after all."

The Duke's voice grew colder. Luana thought she got used to it because she kept hearing his voice that sounded like a scratching iron plate, but it seemed to be she was mistaken. Luana had never heard a voice like this. Goosebumps rose from the cold sweat running down her back.

The Duke's large hand took the poison from Luana's hand. Then, without hesitation, he pulled out the stopper that was sealing the poison. The purple liquid, which looked suspicious to look at, was shaking in his hands. The Duke stared at it and took the bottle to his mouth.

"It's dangerous!"

Luana freaked out and took the bottle, but it was too late. Some of the purple liquid got into the Duke's mouth.

"Are you crazy? Why did you drink it?"

The bottle stopper has been opened from its seal.

'Why on earth did you drink a liquid that you don't even know? There's even a high probability it is a poison!'

Luana's heart was beating like crazy, and it felt like it would pop out of her throat. She doesn't think she has ever been so surprised in her life. She was confused about whether she should call the knight or a doctor, but she heard a calm voice.

"I'm immune to most poisons. I'm afraid this won't kill me."

"Who drinks poison just because they have immunity?"

Luana shouted and cried. She felt like she wanted to punch out the Duke, who spoke calmly about this matter. But she couldn't bear to do so, so she grabbed the hem of the Duke's shirt. Then Luana shouted out loud.

"Why are you being so careless with your body?!"

"What?"

"You didn't hear? Then I'll tell you again. Who told you to treat your body so carelessly?!"

Luana shouted out loud and cleared. Perhaps the knight heard the sound, the door opened immediately, and the knights rushed in.

"What's the matter?!"

But for a moment, they ran out faster than they came in.

They had no choice but to do so. The princess who had to sleep on the floor was on the bed. No, it wasn't exactly the bed. She was on the Duke's body.