Chapter 61

Love.

It's love.

As soon as Luana realized that, she began to pay attention to the part where she came in contact with the duke. Her heart was beating so fast that it felt like it would pop out of her throat. Because of that, she tried to separate her thought about his body parts in her mind, but it was useless as thoughts about the duke naturally followed.

The duke looked at Luana, who kept moving away from him little by little. The red eyes staring at her heated up her face.

"Is it just my feeling? It seems like you keep avoiding me."

"It's just your feeling!"

Luana said firmly and stopped moving. She never imagined having such feelings for the duke because she knew she couldn't be with him. She struggled to stay away from him, but when did this happen? She should've turned down the contractual relationship.

As she was racking her brain, suddenly, a slender finger poked her cheek.

"What are you thinking?"

"D- Do you think the river is pretty?"

"I don't think so."

"It is! It's pretty because it's shiny."

"More than me?"

'Why are you asking such a thing all of a sudden?'

Luana grabbed her clothes close to her chest with her hands.

'Of course, you're prettier than the river! Where is the river compared to your beauty? No one in the world is this lovely.'

Once she started admitting it, her heart poured like a waterfall. The world is beginning to look beautiful.

But some things bothered her. Will she be able to lift the duke's curse? Her feelings will only be one-sided if the curse cannot be lifted. Luana thought it was upsetting and decided never to reveal her feeling to the duke until his curse was lifted.

'I can do it!'

It won't be easy to hide her feelings, but she thought there was nothing wrong with trying.

The duke stared at Luana, closed his eyes, and leaned lightly against her little shoulder. He doesn't know what she was thinking with that bit of head. The duke wished he could understand what was on her mind. It was a pity that people could not read people's thoughts. But the duke can't force her to say what was on her mind either.

The duke opened his eyes again and looked at Luana's eyes. The flowing river indeed was shining beautifully in the sunlight. But it wasn't the river that caught his eyes.

It was Luana who smiled faintly. The duke was sure that if he fell in love with someone, it would be her. He has yet to see anyone who catches his eyes more than she does. And being together with her was the most comfortable.

The duke raised the corner of his mouth and looked at Luana, who was now looking dejected. She seemed to have stopped having her thoughts, and now she was just enjoying the river's scenery. Her figure was so cute that his hand twitched unconsciously. He was about to poke Luana's cheek again, but suddenly Luana raised her finger and poked him in the cheek!

"This time, I won!"

At the same time, she burst into laughter as she smiled brightly. He doesn't know if what they're doing is the correct way to date, but it was a lot of fun.

Except for the gaze that he felt from somewhere.

Someone was following him from the moment he left the mansion and arrived on the street. Usually, he would have caught him immediately, but he has endured it until now because he doesn't want to. But he was slowly running out of patience.