Chapter 46

In the middle of the night, Ingrid woke up and looked down at Luana, who was fast asleep. She looked pretty cute when she snored. She never had this thought for the other siblings. She hadn't seen her many times, but she was somehow attracted to Luana.

'Is it because she always shows a cheerful and confident side?'

Ingrid looked back into the ceiling. In just a few months, a lot has happened. She doesn't know how many times she broke down before she could finally make up her mind like now. Whenever that happened, it was Luana who comforted her. The fact that she was of the same bloodline nearby gave her courage for no reason.

"Thank you very much."

She thanked her sleeping sister once again. She will not break down anymore and get out of here and build the kingdom again. She knew it wouldn't be easy. Walking barefoot on thorny roads is less painful than that, yet she couldn't give up.

"I'm going to be a queen."

By then, she will be able to save her sister, who the duke captured. Ingrid truly believed so.

***

After waking up, Luana immediately rubbed her eyes and left the room. She then looked surprised when she saw the duke leaning by the door.

"Why are you here?"

No matter how much Ingrid is from the fallen kingdom, she is a princess in name, and the emperor also favors her. To stand in front of such a person's visit was not common sense.

"Did you sleep well?"

"I slept well."

"Even without me?"

'What does it have to do with not having the duke and sleeping well?'

The duke's face gradually hardened as Luana looked at him with an expression of many things she wanted to ask. There seemed to be something he didn't like.

"No, you didn't tell me why you were here!"

"His Majesty has given me permission."

"Did he give you permission?"

"Yes."

What's the emperor thinking? At any rate, she doesn't know what they both feel. With that thought in mind, the duke reached out as he lowered her hand that was rubbing her eyes. She looked at him, wondering what was going on, and he calmly spoke,

"If you're awake, let's go back."

"My sister is still sleeping. How can the guest leave when the owner is asleep?"

"She is here, though."

"Sir Legion."

Luana called Legion by his name.

"Why?"

"When you saw my older sister, does your heart race, or maybe you keep wanting to look at her?"

"Not at all."

"Do you like my sister's proudness?"

"No."

The duke looked at Luana as if he were wondering what the hell she was talking about. Yeah, why did she ask him this? He couldn't figure it out. Still, there was something certain.

The duke doesn't like Ingrid. Somehow she felt better when she reached that conclusion. Luana smiled unconsciously, and a hand reached out from behind and hugged her.

"What are you doing?"

It was Ingrid. With a gentle touch, she put a shawl over Luana's shoulder and pulled her in.