Chapter 68

As a leader, Cain, who was peeling the onions, did a great job keeping the death squad together.

Cain peeled the onions while staring at Luana, who was cooking from behind. Marquis Livre, the secret supporter of the death squad, said he should maintain a good relationship with Ingrid. Therefore, he talked and asked Ingrid about anything, spending as much time as possible with her. But now, he was not with Ingrid.

'It's strange.'

He knew he shouldn't be like this rationally, but his instinct said otherwise. Was it because he was suspicious of Luana? But now he knew she was not dangerous and just an ordinary person who loved to cook. Cain also took back Luana's pockets; all she had in her hands were cooking ingredients.

'But,'

Why does he feel this way even though he knows everything? Cain was confused by his strange feeling.

"Did you peel all the onions?"

"Yes."

"Then let's have some potatoes for dinner."

Luana put the potatoes into a large bowl. Compared to onions, potatoes are less difficult to handle. Cain took a small knife and began peeling potatoes. His gesture was clumsy at first, but gradually he seemed to be much more familiar now.

"Miss Luana, are you not interested in becoming a royal again?"

Cain asked what he was curious about as he peeled the potatoes.

"No."

"Why?"

"That's not what I want."

Luana said flatly and began to prepare some herbs.

"Then what do you want?"

"Living modestly with the person I love."

"Do you have someone you love?"

Cain stopped his movement and held his breath while waiting for her answer.

"Yes."

Unconsciously, his hand becomes tense.

"Don't tell me it's the Duke of the Empire?"

"If you're already aware, what do you want to do?"

"We need to fix the princess's broken ideas."

At that words, Luana took a ladle and turned around nervously.

"Didn't I tell you I'm fine? I always told you that I'm no different from an orphan."

"Even orphans won't forget their birth parents."

"I forgot."

Luana pouted. This was why she didn't want Cain to come, even though she was quite helpful with preparing ingredients. She often convinced herself, especially when the story about the duke being brought up, she felt very upset.

"The ingredients are ready, so please go out."

She could use some help when preparing the ingredients, but now it was over; the tired Luana tried to chase Cain away. But it was not easy to push him out. Suddenly he grabbed Luana's wrist tightly until it was numb.

Luana clenched her teeth.

'What is this sudden force?!'

He let go of her hand when she lifted her leg to kick his tibia.

"Get a hold of yourself."

He then goes out of the kitchen—Luana, who was suddenly left alone, is astonished and lowers her leg.