Chapter 59

Bang!

A knife that missed the avocado hit the cutting board and made a loud noise. Luana finally came to her senses after hearing the bang.

"Oops!"

You don't cut avocados like this. Luana shook her head, trying to pull herself together. She might cut her hand if she's not careful. Luana put down her knife and slowly sat down on the floor. Although she has been uncomfortable being born a princess, she has never contributed to the kingdom. She tried not to dwell on her original position.

She didn't take it seriously when Ingrid asked her to call her older sister or when she used the duke as an excuse for her position. She had no choice but to do that since she had never lived like a princess. She never thought about her duty because she never received any order to do anything kingdom related. But now, the kingdom's death squad came to contact.

Of course, Luana would say no, but she couldn't help feeling strange.

'What should I call this feeling?'

Luana sighed deeply and messed up her hair. She can't even complain about this as she had no intention to join them, but Ingrid insisted on joining. Luana's wrongdoing could result in blocking Ingrid's path.

'I should keep my mouth shut.'

At least until Ingrid left this place.

"Whoops."

With strength, Luana rose from her seat and began to cut the avocado again. She picked a ripe one, made a cut, sliced it in half, and removed the seeds. Now it's done, she can chop it and use it in sauces or add it to other dishes.

"Should I make guacamole?"

Or maybe add eggs. The more she devotes herself to cooking, the more she forgets other thoughts. And after she came to her senses, she did several dishes with avocado.

"Now, the dessert."

Today, Luana is going to make macarons and mousse cake. Fortunately, she has tried macarons several times in her previous life, so it wasn't difficult to make them. If there were a problem, it would have been about freezing the mousse cake, but that's solved by magic. At least the magic is enough to freeze a cake. However, if she thinks about it differently, she can set how frozen the cake would be.

"Maybe it's possible to make ice cream, too?"

Luana began to get excited, and her energy started to come back. She decided to forget about the kingdom's death squad for a while. They may come back in contact one day, but then she will tell them about her choice.

She has no intention of joining the death squad.

"Okay, done!"

Macarons, a lovely dessert of various colors, have been completed.

'I never thought I would succeed in making the colors.'

Luana was a pro when it came to cooking. She picked up the macarons she had made herself. She reduced the sugar from the recipe, so the shape didn't come out as pretty as she wanted, but when she put it in her mouth, she realized...

"Delicious!"

She was glad she made various kinds of buttercream for the filling. She thought it was a good idea to put fruit jam in between. Luana seemed like she could eat this forever.

The cream is blended with the properly baked macarons. It tasted fantastic. Luana clapped her hands, but she was suddenly disappointed as she wanted to taste the mousse cake she made with lemon, but Luana decided to endure it.