Chapter 60

Early in the morning, the duke came to the kitchen as promised. He hadn't gotten ready to go out yet, so he wore a light shirt and pants, which looked very good on him.

'Is there anything that doesn't look good on him? I don't think so.'

"Let's put on the apron first!"

When she handed over the apron, the duke was just standing still and not wearing it.

"Are you not putting on the apron?"

"I don't know how to wear it."

'I see!'

The duke usually never enters the kitchen. It was possible if he didn't know how to wear an apron as he had never tried it on before!

'You sure you don't know?'

Luana looked at the duke suspiciously. No matter how much he doesn't know, if he sees what she's wearing, he'll probably be able to guess roughly. He insisted on pretending not to know how to wear it. However, she couldn't just keep standing like this, so she had no choice but to explain.

"First, put your arm in here. All you have to do is tie it in the back. The end!"

"I still don't know."

She was going to forgive Vyan when she went to the market yesterday, but she thought that wouldn't be enough. Luana gritted her teeth and approached the duke and put on his apron. As she got closer, she was concerned about the gap between the apron and his shirt.

"Do you like it?"

"W-what?"

She was startled and felt her feet were numb, but the duke just smiled and said,

"Whatever."

For some reason, it seemed like he was becoming a rascal. Luana quickly got away from him and stood before the chopping board. She fanned her blushing face, but she didn't think it would ever go away. But she has to cook.

"You've never held a kitchen knife before, have you?"

"Isn't it the same as any knife?"

"No, I don't think so. When you use a knife to cut ingredients, you must curl your fingers like this. You can cut your hands instead of the ingredients if you make a mistake."

There's no way a duke like him would cook for himself. All of his meals were made by other people. That thought made Luana anxious. As if the duke knew what she was thinking, he assured her.

"Although I have never used a kitchen knife, I have been holding a sword. You don't have to worry about it because it's the same, more or less."

She hoped so. The duke calmly held the kitchen knife and observed how Luana did it. He then picked up an ingredient and was ready to slice it with the knife. He raised the knife too high, and as soon as Luana thought so, the chopping board split in half with a loud sound.

"The chopping board is weak."

"I think the chopping board was good, though?"

"No. If it was a good chopping board, why would it split?"

The duke calmly removed the split chopping board and brought a new one. She looked at him anxiously, fearing that he might split it again, but this time he began to cut the ingredients normally. He seemed he got the hang of it after breaking the chopping board. His gesture of holding the knife was awkward at first, but slowly it became more and more proper. Not only that, he began to pace up his speed.

"This is pretty fun."

"That's a relief. Just continue. First of all, we're going to make sandwiches and chicken today. And I'm going to cut some fruits and take them for dessert."