Chapter 45

The emperor, with cookies in his mouth, looked surprised.

"Isn't this dried fruit?"

He ate the cookies well and took another one. He seemed to like the taste of the chocolate inside. Luana brought it for Ingrid, but as the emperor ate, her lips protruded without realizing it. She knew it was not good to show such expression in public, but it was really annoying.

"What is it? I think it's my first time eating it."

"It's chocolate."

"Chocolate? Can the Imperial Palace's chef make this, too?"

"That's difficult. I'm the only one who can make this. You can't taste it anywhere else!"

"Hmm, is that so?"

Perhaps because the emperor knew that Luana was a witch, he quickly understood, but understanding and wanting were two different things, so the emperor gasped in disappointment.

"What a shame."

If he had known that she would have such a talent, she should have kept this little witch by his side. At that time, he thought she was making unique dishes, but in the end, it was something that even Imperial Palace's chefs could recreate. But since she said no to this, she must've come up with a unique method.

Thinking so, looking at Luana, Ingrid looked anxious because the closer she had been to the emperor, the better she had come to know his thoughts. She didn't want the emperor to touch Luana. It was enough for this annoying man to do unfair things to her.

Ingrid tried to change the subject of the story. It was about that time that the duke stormed in.

"I finished eating all of it."

The duke coming in triumphantly found the emperor and immediately knelt on one knee. Usually, he would have noticed it by looking at the servant, but today, he didn't know that the emperor was there because he came alone.

"I greet you, Your Majesty, The Emperor."

"All right, stand up."

"Thank you."

The duke stood up and immediately came and stood behind Luana. The emperor, who was looking at him, narrowed his eyes.

"You two seem to have gotten very close."

"That's the way it is."

"Now that you've come, I won't ask for her anymore."

Luana was taken aback for a moment. But the duke stepped up and calmed her panic.

"Your Majesty, keep your promise."

"I know. I just said it."

The emperor stopped looking at the duke and shrugged his shoulders. The atmosphere was gloomy the whole time after that. Ingrid was wary of the emperor and did not seem to be to the duke, but she did not separate from Luana.

Luana was suddenly embarrassed by the feeling of being the center of the story. She doesn't know why people around her cared so much about her when she was just an extra.

'Even if it's in a novel, is it different to go through it myself?'

She thought that, but the emperor talked to Luana.

"Did the duke treat you well?"

"Yes, he treated me well."

"Weren't you in a dungeon recently?"

She doesn't know how he knew it, but when Ingrid heard it, she distorted her expression.

"Is it true that you put her in a dungeon?"