Chapter 57

Ingrid couldn't easily let Luana go. Her little sister, whom she had never seen before in the kingdom, seems precious now to Ingrid. Luana was the only one brought to the empire, and she could be on the same side as Ingrid. It wasn't that she didn't understand either. When she asked her to leave with her, she continued to refuse. Luana said she was fine and couldn't bring other words. Then, Luana, who parted with Ingrid, let out a small sigh.

She thought there was no one in this world that she could think of as a family, but she was becoming more and more precious.

'It's a good thing, isn't it?'

She wanted to believe that. The duke was waiting right in front of her as she came out into the hallway.

'I can't believe you followed me all the way here.'

Luana spoke a little grumpy,

"Why are you here?"

The duke took Luana's hand and began to walk in front of her. She followed him in confusion, and the destination was his room.

"We don't share rooms anymore."

As they've got Rio, it was better to prevent any misunderstandings in advance. She tried not to enter the room, but the duke insisted and pulled her hand.

"Are you going to use a different room?"

As Luana was dragged in, she raised her voice, and the duke opened his mouth.

"What if you run away?"

"What? What were we talking about earlier? I said I wouldn't run away. Why are you talking in circles?"

In exchange for that, didn't she decide not to put someone on watch while they were together?

"Are you asking because you don't know? You nodded at that woman, Ingrid's words."

"No, wait. How do you know that?"

"How did I know?"

The duke replied in a sarcastic tone.

"Did you put someone to watch me that time?"

"And you nodded at the idea of leaving."

"I'm not saying I'm leaving now, didn't I?"

"Doesn't that mean one day you're going to leave?"

"Then, should I live here for the rest of my life? Until I see Sir Legion takes a wife and gives birth to your child?"

"I can afford you living here."

"I can't live here!"

As Luana refuted, the startled duke frowned and approached her closer.

"Why?"

"Well, if I'm here, there can be a lot of misunderstandings. People will think you're cheating with me."

"With you?"

At those words, her heart aches.

"W-what's wrong with me? There were a lot of people who liked me, you know?"

Actually, there wasn't really any; she just blurted those words. That way, she seemed to be able to protect her shattered self-esteem even a little.

"Yes, I see. Then we can do this."

"What?"

The duke's arms rested against the walls on either side of Luana. The back of her head was pressed against the wall, the duke slowly moved his face closer to hers, but she didn't move. She couldn't even speak because of the tension. His red lips came closer and closer.