Chapter 34

Luana decided to decline politely.

"Thank you for your kindness, but I have to decline your offer."

As soon as she said that, his gently curved eyes became cold. She suddenly felt as if she had been thrown from spring to winter. She rubbed her arms with her hands, then Gerald asked with a cold voice.

"Why?"

"It's because I don't feel the need to escape?"

"The duke might kill you, no?"

"I don't think he will kill me, though?"

Even now, the duke was going to give up. He would unlikely kill the only person who could feed him. But she was reluctant to explain why.

How can Luana believe in this person who claimed to be her mother's friend? And even if it were true, it was unlikely that her witch mother's friend would be ordinary because a witch cursed the duke. She thought it would be better not to say anything, just in case.

"He might kill you. Do you know how many witches the duke's family has killed so far?"

"No, I don't know about that, though?"

"You don't know because you're still young."

No, the other party doesn't look very old either, but she doesn't know why he always called her young and little at the end of every word.

"I'm not young!"

"You've lived for about 20 years now, haven't you?" Then you're young."

"But, you look young, too."

"Is that so?"

Gerald covered his lips with his fingers and smiled.

"Luana, witches live differently than humans. And I'm a wizard, too."

Gerald erased his cold attitude and explained it kindly. His attitude was like a kindergarten teacher dealing with a child. She felt like he was overdoing it.

"That's why, Luana, let's get out of here together. I'll take you somewhere safe."

He sounded like a gentle kidnapper.

"No, I don't mind staying here."

"The duke is a dangerous man."

"It's fine."

"Hah."

Gerald sighed and looked into the air. He lifted the bag he was carrying and said,

"If you follow me, I'll show you Elanya's diary. Aren't you curious about your mother's past?"

"Not at all."

Luana was reincarnated. In addition, she lost her mother as soon as she was born, and after that, she found out that she had entered a novel. Therefore, the existence of a mother was not recognized as part of her life. To be honest, if she had to choose someone she missed, that would be her nanny. So she couldn't be curious about her mother's past.

Gerald, who did not know such circumstances, doesn't understand Luana.

'Why isn't she curious about her mother's diary?'

He was puzzled, but there was something more urgent than that right now. He was supposed to get Luana before the guards who had been put to sleep woke up. He can listen to the rest after that.

Meanwhile, Luana glanced at Gerald. It was because there was something that suddenly came to her mind. He said he was a wizard, so maybe he didn't know.