Chapter 27

There was porridge in the small bowl. White steam rose from the porridge, and she smelled the savory scent.

Gurgle-

It occurred to her that she was hungry. There was a thundering sound in her stomach, and she felt some pain. She felt like her body was urging her to eat something quickly.

Ingrid took a spoon after enjoying the scent for a while. Even though it was not a heavy spoon, her hands trembled. But Ingrid did not loosen up.

She scooped out a spoonful and brought it to her mouth.

"Ah, it's hot!"

Ingrid unconsciously covered her mouth, and I looked for water. It was only after drinking the water that was handed to her by the person next to that her mouth calmed down. This time, when she carefully put the porridge in her mouth after cooling it down for a while, it crumbled and spread softly in her mouth. The taste was light and slightly greasy, and the aftertaste was savory.

"You can make things like this with peanuts."

In admiration, she took out the second spoon. She was starving the whole time, and as the food went into her stomach, the sound of grumbling subsided. Instead, a feeling of satisfaction began to fill the void.

The warm air warmed the cold insides.

Tsss-

Something warm fell on his hand, holding the spoon. Ingrid soon realized what it was. Tears that had dried up for a long time were falling. At first, a drop or two of tears began to fall, but the tears gradually increased, and her vision blurred. But she didn't stop eating.

Although she cried and was sad, she emptied the bowl. Holding the bowl with both hands, she shed tears. She cried properly for the first time when she came to the Empire. Luana took Ingrid's hand and held it by her side.

Knowing that she could not walk the same path, she was unconsciously comforted by her body temperature.

"The porridge... do you have more?"

"Yes."

Luana smiled and brought back a new bowl. The bowl was bigger this time.

"I can't eat this much."

"No, you can eat it. My cooking is the best!"

"What is that?"

Ingrid burst out laughing. She emptied the bowl more vigorously than before. In conclusion, Luana was right. She emptied the second bowl as well.

'My sister's cooking is the best.'

***

That's a relief. Luana stroked her chest. When she first saw her, she thought Ingrid would die. She thought she was seeing a mummy because she was so skinny than the last time she saw her.

Still, it was not difficult to recognize her beauty because it did not go anywhere, but now her beauty felt different. She had a soft and gentle beauty in the past, but now it felt more poisonous and exhausting. She looked like she was going to die at any moment.

But that shouldn't be the case.

'Ingrid must not die here!'

What will happen to the world when the heroine of this story dies? I didn't know. That's why Luana desperately racked her brain. She wanted to save Ingrid and wanted her to suffer less.

So, she helped her. After making her less suffering and making the dish as delicious as possible, she talked to Ingrid. She was encouraging revenge, telling her story of the past. Fortunately, Ingrid was an understanding person. He recognized and understood the difference between herself and Luana.