Chapter 23

There were three judges. Lugard, Henry, and the butler that they brought in. The butler rushed to the chefs saying how dare they touch the precious princess, but the knights managed to calm him down.

And the cooking showdown started.

"Please cook the dish you're the best at."

"Of course."

Luana answered and took out the chicken. And Way took out the beef. The two decided to have one chef each to help.

"What are you going to cook?" asked Garth, who was assigned to help Luana.

"Fried chicken!"

It was a dish that she had already cooked once, and she was most confident in cooking. To be honest, Luana was not a professional cook. She was just cooking because she wanted to eat, and she found it fun.

"I decided to compete with something unique!"

It was not particularly unique in the modern era, but it was different here. It was a luxurious dish using a large amount of oil, so no one seemed to have tried it yet. She thought of the duke who ate it for the first time! So she decided to go with fried chicken confidently.

"First, fill the pot with oil!"

Garth, who was watching her from the side, looked surprised.

"What do you make out of this?"

"I'm going to fry the chicken. But that's not all for today!"

Luana also took out other vegetables that she had prepared in advance.

'Anything fried is delicious!'

Didn't people say even leather shoes will be good if fried? Luana put some batter into the oil to make sure it was ready.

"Perfect!"

Garth only helped to chop the ingredients with a knife, so he just watched Luana because he didn't know what else to do.

Tsss-

The chopped ingredients went into the hot oil, and Luana took the fried vegetables after it's fried and placed them on expensive paper on the plate.

"Why are you using paper?"

"The paper will absorb the oil."

It was indeed a dish using lots of money. On the other hand, Way was making steak according to the norm. The aged meat was properly grilled and served with various grilled vegetables. He also made the sauce himself.

Way finished his cooking first, then Luana. Seeing the dishes, Lugard, who at first complained, now his eyes began to shine.

'That chicken looks fantastic!'

It wasn't just that. Way, the duke's chef, also had excellent skills. He is a person who has been chosen and chosen from among the many chefs. His skills are not to be underestimated.

Indeed, the steak he made melted in his mouth. He could feel the rich gravy and the grilled vegetables were just right; the sauce stimulated the palate.

'As expected of the best chef in the empire!'

However, the moment he tasted chicken, Lugard's thoughts changed.

'What is this taste?!'

He was amazed by the food he had never tasted before in his life.

"Wow!"

It wasn't just Lugard. Henry and the butler were the same. The judges' faces were in full bloom. Watching their expression change, Way reached out to the fried chicken, then carefully picked it up and put it in his mouth.