Chapter 20

"I'll show you the room."

The butler said politely and led the way.

"Yes, thank you."

Luana awkwardly followed the butler. It seemed like this was the first time in her life that someone guided her so politely. It was ironic that she was treated as a princess in another country, which she had not received in her home country.

"You can use this room."

The room that the butler showed Luana was not even comparable to the room she had used before. The room was spacious and large, and the interior was carefully decorated. She could tell how much thought was put into the convenience of the person who was staying.

"Is there anything you need?"

"No, this is enough."

However, it was not the room that made Luana feel burdened. It was the butler! She doesn't know what to do with the butler's warm gaze.

No, Luana understands. The butler, who had served the duke for a long time and had not given interest, brought Luana. She's even a princess of another kingdom. Although her appearance is relatively standard if matched to the Duke, she is still a woman.

If someone would think about it happily, they might think of the two as a couple.

'We're not!'

Luana wanted to make an excuse that she wasn't in a relationship with the duke. She is just a poor woman brought in for cooking!

'But it's weird to talk to him about things that no one asks! Excuse me, I'm not the Duke's lover.'

As expected, it's weird! While Luana was groaning and contemplating, the butler did his job well.

"I'll arrange you a maid."

"Thank you."

"There's no need to be thankful. We're just doing what we have to do."

At the same time, his gaze was full of joy.

'I mean, it's not like that!'

"The duke may seem cold on the outside, but he is very sincere."

Naturally, praise for the duke followed. Although he was a cold-hearted person, he was widely evaluated as to whether he treated his own people well.

"He is so kind to his people."

'Was he kind? I'm not sure.'

In the first place, Luana met the Duke for a short period. For that reason, she didn't know what kind of character the duke was originally. She read the novel, but how can she grasp the whole person in one sentence?

"He is handsome and has excellent swordsmanship skills."

'Doesn't he catch people with his outstanding skills?'

Therefore, Luana was withholding her detailed assessment of the duke. Still, when she was listening to the butler, rebuttals kept coming out in her head without realizing it.

'Hold it in, hold it in.'

"He has a lot of wealth."

'It's not about his wealth.'

Now, it was just a relationship where she got a little money on the pretext of cooking.

"He is very considerate and kind."

In the end, it returned to similar praise like an infinite loop.

"I'm tired now, so I want to rest."

"Well, I guess I've been holding you on too much. Please rest well."