Chapter 13

"Today's breakfast is french toast with ham and cheese. Served with salad, crispy bacon and fried egg. The drink is prepared with fresh vegetable juice."

Luana seemed to have gotten used to preparing meals to some extent. The Duke sat quietly in his chair as Luana spoke fluently and put the food down from the tray.

Crunch

The Duke first bit the bacon. First of all, he was relieved by the smell of grilled meat that came out of his nose. Then, the corners of his mouth went up without realizing it due to the rich juice felt along with the crunchy sound.

The egg is gently cut with a knife. The yolk popped out wet the surroundings, adding to the savory taste. The french toast was also well cooked. Legion didn't like food that was too sweet, but it was right up to his taste. It was because the salty ham and rich cheese flavour held the sweetness of french toast.

Luana didn't have the skills of a royal chef. However, each carefully made dish has stimulated the Duke's palate more intensely than anything else.

"It's delicious."

"Do you want more?"

"Little bit more."

Is that why? After Luana took charge of the meal, the Duke ate more and more. It's only been a few days, but his weight has gradually gone up. At this rate, Luana thought she could solve the weight problem that the Duke had as Luana felt sorry because he is someone who wields a sword.

"Hmm~ Hmmmm~."

Luana, who was serving more food, was humming softly. She seemed to be in a good mood, but everything was so messed up that she didn't even know its song. It was hard to listen to.

But the Duke decided to pass on generously because the meal was delicious.

'How long has it been since I felt peace? If I had known the witch would be so helpful, I would have searched more thoroughly. This is how much an apprentice witch can do, but a true witch might be able to release the curse.'

Scratch

The Duke was lost in thought and scratched the plate with a knife. He has already sent his ravens here and there to find another witch since she found Luana. It seemed that the number of searches had to be increased.

"Here!"

Meanwhile, Luana cleared the Duke's empty plate and placed the new one. The Duke gladly raised his knife and fork at the new plate.

The long-forgotten feast of taste was shaking him, who was like a solid iron wall.

Then Luana, who shook the iron wall, hummed again and headed to the kitchen. It was a little cumbersome to prepare a new meal every time, but it wasn't bad.

'And...'

Somehow, the corners of Luana's mouth twitched without realizing it, as if she was just taming a scary animal with food. Of course, she couldn't smile openly because her opponent was a Duke, but the sense of exaltation remained intact.

'This is why you cook!'

The nanny also ate Luana's dish well but feeding a knight who wields a sword and doesn't have great eating habits differs in the amount of food they eat.

She often told me that it was delicious, but she always nagged me before. Now that Luana thinks about it, she understands her feelings for worrying about the abandoned princess, but it was a little painful at the time. On the other hand, what about the Duke?

'Whatever you eat, you eat well.' Although it was rare to speak openly, Luana could tell by the amount he ate. Because when some can't taste anything, they can't eat much!