Chapter 12

The rumor continues to spread since Legion has no motivation to stop the rumor either. Therefore, this rumor eventually reached the King's ear.

"I want to meet that child." said the King, nervously circling the room.

"By what means?" the Queen asked with an anxious look.

"I just need to."

After starving for several days, what came in was a humble meal that commoners would eat. And what was more painful than the meal was given by the knight who was their enemy. They treated him as if he was going to die. There was not an ounce of courtesy for the King. Considering the rumors that have been heard along with it, it was not strange to say that he would die soon. He needed a way out.

Even if it's help from an abandoned daughter.

Luana, who doesn't even know the King, was frying chicken again and gave it to Legion.

"It's a pity."

"What do you mean?"

"Fried chicken is delicious, but there's something even more delicious."

"What's that?"

Not only Legion but Loun also perked up Luana's word.

"That is...!"

"Is...?"

Legion turned the knife around in his grasp. But in that short time, Luana's confidence was fallen. 'Would you kill me if I can't make a delicious chicken?' It was such a nerve.

"It's sweet and spicy fried chicken!"

"Sweet and spicy fried chicken?"

"Soy sauce chicken is delicious, but I think the most delicious thing is sweet and spicy chicken! Onion chicken is also delicious! Oh! And green onion chicken is good, too!"

"All right."

Luana let out a sigh before Legion could even order her to make her next meal.

"But it's a pity. I can't make it."

"Why?" asked Legion with a frown.

"There's a very important ingredient to make the dish, but we don't have any right now."

"Just say the ingredient."

He was confident as if he could get the ingredient right away. But it wasn't unreasonable since he was the Duke of an Empire with power and wealth.

"The ingredients are not difficult to find, but I have to make them."

"You have to make it?"

"It would take a while to chop the ingredients."

"It would take a long time?"

Legion erased his expression from his face and tapped his finger on the desk. Loun looked at him nervously, but what he thought didn't happen.

"And it costs a lot of money. That's why I haven't even tried it. It's hard to challenge myself to make it until succeed!"

Luana made a round shape of money with her fingers.

"Sir Loun."

When Legion said that, Loun moved quickly. Soon a large leather bag was prepared in front of Luana.

"Open it."

At Legion's words, she opened it with trembling hands and found that the bag was full of shiny gold coins. It was an amount she had never seen before.

"Is it not enough?"

"No, no!"

Luana shouted quickly.