Chapter 43

Early in the morning, the duke woke up and looked at Luana in his arms. Her hair was messy, and her eyes closed tightly. Luana slightly opened her mouth. She hasn't been able to sleep well these days, but she seems to be getting used to it.

"Hiiik!"

Legion was watching Luana, who suddenly mumbled, made a strange noise, and snuggled closer to the duke. She then opened her arms and hugged him. She stays still and smiles in her sleep. It was a scene far from elegant, but somehow it made his heart race.

Her eyelashes which resemble the color of her hair, blinked, and soon she opened her eyes. Her eyes reflected are color sky-blue, resembling a lake. She smiled and curved her eyes, and finally, Luana woke up.

She smiled blankly for a moment and then began to recognize the duke. Her defenseless expression began to show her vigilance, and she quickly figured out where her hand was.

"Aaah!"

Luana was frightened and tried to jump out of bed, but she tripped over the blanket and fell.

"Did you sleep well?"

"I slept well. No, that's not what I meant! I apologize!"

"What are you apologizing for?"

"For anything!"

The corners of his mouth went up as she clasped her hand together and apologized in embarrassment. Luana made a desperate excuse that she didn't mean it, and the duke accepted her apology and smiled faintly.

It was the same morning as usual.

***

'Hic... Hic...'

Luana wept inside and looked at the chocolate in the double boiler. What she was going to do today was chocolate tempering. Fresh chocolate is not perfect even if she pours it on a plate and shapes it; that's why she has to make some tweaks. This makes the chocolate taste softer and makes it easier to maintain shape. Normally, the temperature had to be carefully adjusted, but it was not difficult because she used magic to fill in this part.

The power of magic!

'No, this isn't what's important.'

Luana woke up in the morning and freaked out because she was hugging the duke. This man has done a terrible thing, whether she can protect herself. The duke didn't say anything specific, but she ran out of embarrassment.

She needed at least some time away to take control of her mind, but that was impossible. Since she returned to the duke's mansion, the duke has accompanied her whenever she is cooking, and he was watching Luana cook all the time.

She tried to pretend to be as calm as possible, but sometimes her body stiffened over that indifferent gaze. Suddenly she remembered the duke's broad chest that she saw in the morning.

'No, let's not think of that.'

It was good to be careful as she didn't know what the emotions were in those indifferent gazes.

'How do I know if I'll be going to die of early death with that excuse? What if he said, 'How dare you stare at my chest!''

However, even if she makes such a resolution, his skin color keeps growing in her mind.

'No, no.'

Luana mumbled, shook her head, and grabbed a large hot chocolate cup to prevent the duke from getting angry. Still, the anxiety did not go away. She'd rather be with someone else, like Way the chef.

She didn't feel awkward cooking with Way, but she couldn't call him here because she didn't tell him she was a witch. After learning magic, she now uses magic even if she cooks a little, but it is too much to hide everything.