Chapter 15

TL/N: Soybean Lumps known as Meju (메주) is from fermented soybean and is mainly used to make a lot of Korean paste, such as gochujang, soybean paste, ssamjang, etc.

Luana had no choice but to run outside. She was puzzled about what she was even doing right now. But there was nothing else to say.

"Yeah! After all, there are many stars in the sky!"

Unfortunately, the stars were out of sight because of the dark clouds.

"It's windy!"

It was windy, but it was a cold breeze. Gradually, the eyes of the knights watching Luana were getting irreverent, but she couldn't help it. She couldn't go back inside even if she were treated as a madwoman!

"Did His Grace allow you to go outside?"

"He did! If he didn't allow it, how can I come out on my own?"

Still, a knight went inside and asked if it was true. Then he looked at her with a confused look.

"It's true."

"Really?"

Luana sat down in the hallway and smiled clumsily. Fortunately, the knight she was familiar with, Lugard, brought her a blanket so she could wrap it around her body.

***

'What's really going on?'

The more he thought about it, the more ridiculous it was.

"Hmm."

When Luana ran out, the Duke rolled the purple bottle in his hand with a cold expression. Luana was a princess who had been abandoned since she was a child. So she only knew a few people in the castle. For the longest time, the nanny who cared for her was the person she had known.

'Did she bring this high-quality drug on her own? It couldn't have been.'

Then the answer is that someone got the drug and handed it over to her.

It wasn't that Luana wasn't at fault, but he needed Luana right now. Of course, that doesn't mean he can't kill her. It was not difficult to properly destroy a person within the range he could move. But strangely, he didn't want to.

Legion thought she was peculiar when he approached Luana as she was an abandoned princess because no one had ever been so comfortable with him except the Emperor. That's why he didn't want to make things ruined. He couldn't imagine being scared and unable to approach.

"But the person who sent this drug is different. Raven,"

TL/N: Raven is a shadow knight who works and obeys the master's request.

"Yes."

The Duke threw the drug bottle to his servant.

"Investigate."

"I will obey your orders."

That's enough. Now the raven will find the source of the drug as soon as possible.

"I can guess who it is."

Who would use the abandoned princess? Only a few people related to the princess could think of using her, and the Duke's thought was on point. Soon after, the Duke saw the information sent by the raven and laughed, raising the corners of his mouth.

"I'll keep him alive for now."

He didn't even know his subject. He hated being swayed by someone and even more hated than it was someone worse than himself. However, the King of the occupied kingdom tried to make a move on him, and Legion was offended by the act.