Chapter 39

"I can't wait to see what kind of witch you will be. Now, shall we go?"

Sarah took Luana's hand. She looked at Gerald, but he just smiled and waved.

"The witch's ritual is not as grand as I thought."

Sarah led her to a small lake. The water reflected the full moonlight. Those who stood next to her seemed to be performing witch's rituals like Luana. Two women who looked like they were just coming of age bowed to her. After a brief greeting, she began the ritual in earnest.

"Now, look."

Others, including Luana, half-soaked themselves in the lake as Sarah led them.

"If you wish, it will come true. Look at the moon reflected in the lake and wish with all your heart."

If you wish, it will come true. As she said, Luana prayed to the moon for her earnest wish. She wished she could lift the duke's curse. She wanted magic to cook many dishes, but now she can't think more wishes. How long has it been?

The moon reflected on the lake distorted and swayed. Then the moonlight that fell on the water shone brightly. Only then did Luana realize that she had become a witch.

"All right, what witch did you become?"

To Sarah's question, Luana answered vigorously.

"The Gourmet Witch!"

The power she had longed for came into her hands.

***

Thud-

The wine glass that was hanging between his fingers fell to the floor. At the same time, the duke woke up from his light sleep and sighed. He hasn't been able to sleep lately, and his health began to deteriorate because he was tired. He was holding it, although he knew it was dangerous for his body.

Even though he knew it, he drank as he could only forget the pain when he was drunk. But he drank way too much this time. The duke got up from his seat and moved to the bed. He couldn't sleep even though he tried to lie down properly.

The pain became a little bearable only when he reflected on the taste of the food Luana made for him, but he couldn't eat it in reality, so all that remained was in vain.

He kept raising the prize money at the wanted paper, but Luana was not caught. It was not strange considering that it was difficult to find a witch once she decided to hide. Nevertheless, there was a small expectation in his mind. He was looking forward to seeing Luana come back on her own.

One said a witch would always keep her word.

"Didn't you say you'd help me gain weight?"

The person who promised that was not here now. No, he didn't even know where she was in the first place. The duke put his hand on his head and got up from his seat. Before he enters the Imperial Palace, he intends to find Luana.

"Let's go to the market today."

His voice melted into the air.

***

"Hehehehehe..."

Luana smiled grimly at the diary on her desk. Finally, she was able to reenact everything in it. Being a witch, she couldn't figure out how to break the curse, but now that she can use magic, she'll be able to do anything she wants.

'I'm glad I became a witch!'

As she thought so, she hugged the diary tightly.

"What should I do first?"