Chapter 71

Was it because she cared too much about Legion? Luana forgot that the Marquis Livre was right in front of her for a moment. After thinking about Legion, she lifted her head and looked at him.

She stepped back in panic, but the marquis kept coming closer.

"Is it just my feeling? I think Miss Luana is avoiding me."

'It was not just your feeling.'

Luana stopped and stared at the marquis. There will be no one who will stand still when an ill-intent man tries to approach. The same goes for her.

"That's impossible, right?"

The marquis said that while smiling softly. Luana swallowed the frank answer she wanted to say because she thought it would be better to turn him down slowly rather than excite him with anger without Cain.

"Interpret it all you want. I'll go back to my room."

"I'll take you."

"I can go alone."

Luana answered, suppressing her pounding chest. But the marquis ignored her answer and held out his hand to escort her.

'You don't even try to listen.'

She didn't want to be escorted by the marquis as she walked through the dark hallway this late at night.

"You must be tired, so take a rest. I can go alone."

After saying that, she quickly walked, but the marquis soon blocked her way.

"So, I'm correct about you avoiding me."

"It must be just your feeling."

"I don't think so?"

The marquis keep stuck like a leech. No, leeches seemed to be much better in terms of how harmful he was. Luana frowned and said to him,

"It's unpleasant, so please stop."

At those words, marquis' smile disappeared. Luana hated his sly smile, but his unsmiling face was more frightening than she thought and made her heart pound much faster. Luana scanned her surroundings in that dangerous situation, and no one else was there. Even if there was, it would be useless since he was the marquis.

'Do I have anything to hold as a weapon?'

She saw a large vase, but it was too far.

While hesitating, the marquis suddenly grabbed Luana's wrist.

"Ouch!"

With that short scream, he took Luana and said in a cold voice.

"You should have been polite when you asked me to come."

'Asked you to come?' Luana twisted her wrists to pull her hand out. However, she couldn't pull her hand since there was a strength difference. 'Why would a crazy guy always be strong?'.

"To you who inherited low blood, if not now, when do you think this opportunity will come to you?"

"I don't need this kind of opportunity."

Luana has a loved one who is eagerly searching for her. She doesn't know how Legion feels about her yet, but he was at least a thousand times better than this marquis. Legion never try force Luana this way.

Honestly, he threatened her life in the beginning, but he didn't use this disgusting way. Luana exclaimed, lifting her feet and kicking the marquis's tibia hard.

"Hot tea cup!"

She used the little powder she had, and her hand became hot. Compared to other witches, her magic was insignificant, but it certainly worked at this moment.