Chapter 53

After Lugard left, the silver-haired woman gently stroked her chest. Everything went just like Gerald promised. The duke would be able to find Luana because she was away from his surrounding, but the butler decided to take care of her. In addition, today, the emperor will also participate as a judge, so no matter how much the duke, he will not be able to move on his own.

At first, Luana was not willing to participate in the competition secretly this way, but she changed her mind as she listened to the butler's persuasion.

"Sometimes, people need to try new things, right?"

The butler who started talking like that persistently persuaded Luana.

"Isn't it Miss Luana who has fed the Duke so far? However, such a person is not able to participate in the competition. It's nonsense."

The butler explained the reason step by step.

"But wouldn't it be odd to participate now suddenly?"

"That's okay. Besides, wouldn't it be nice to have at least one person on our side among the participants? You'll be able to filter out strange people. It is a cooking contest, but, after all, the contest's main purpose is to find someone to stand by the duke! I think we need to be more cautious."

The butler persuaded Luana smoothly and eventually made Luana fall for it.

"But if I participate like this, I will be found out right away, right?"

"There is a good way in the world called dyeing. And, as far as I know, there is the magic that hides the face of the witches. Do you think you can use that?"

His words sounded like a heavenly revelation to Luana, who was already in the cold. Although she did not know how to use such magic, she remembered that Gerald had given her a magic powder. It was a powder that could change her appearance. He gave her the powder just in case of an emergency. Therefore, her participation in the competition was decided on the spot. It was not difficult for the butler to manipulate the participants in the preliminary round a little.

So on the last day, Luana is standing here.

'I'm not just a contestant.'

Since she was asked to participate by the butler, she looked at the participants with a keen eye. She paid particular attention to the noble ladies who seemed to have never had a drop of water on their hands. Some of them had maids accompanying them, but apparently, it looked like the maids were cooking instead.

'You can't do that!'

It's about finding someone to break the curse, but it is not the right timing to point that out, so Luana began to remember them cautiously.

In the meantime, time passed, and the judges began to find their seats one by one. Way came out first, followed by the butler and the duke. And lastly,

"It's an imperial carriage!"

Luana turned around when she heard someone shout; she saw a gorgeous large carriage entering the duke's residence. It was not difficult to recognize the owner because the emblem of the empire was engraved on it.

"Your Majesty The Emperor!"

The buzz began when someone shouted again. Everyone cheered and hurrah, and the noble ladies who stood still waved their hands and fixed their makeup. He was hugely popular.

After all, Raytheon, who is a demon to some, was only a gentle and great emperor to the people of his country. Besides, he has such great beauty. How could people not love him? Someone's hell is another's paradise.

The carriage stopped, the emperor got off, and the sound grew louder.

"Long live the Emperor!"

In the meantime, she felt strange to be alone in this situation. The emperor, who got out of the carriage, reached out to the inside of the carriage. A familiar face took his hand and got out of the carriage. It was Ingrid.