Chapter 8: Confident

Minjeong's POV

The rays of sunlight came through the window and woke me up from my deep sleep. I looked up at my alarm clock, it was barely 8:00 in the morning. I decided to hang out in my bed for a few more minutes because I was too lazy to get up.

Knock knock knock

"Minjeong honey, are you awake?" asked my mom.

"Yeah mom, come in."

"As I can see, you sleep well right?" she sat on the edge of the bed and she gently caressed my hair.

"Yes I did mom." I hugged her tightly, I feel so safe with her.

"What are you going to do today? Apparently you met Jimin, is it true?"

"Yeah-I uhh yeah I met her a few days ago. Actually we are going to have lunch together." I want to tell my mother about Jimin but I don't dare.

"It's nice honey. Jimin is very kind. She gave me a day off tomorrow, maybe we can spend the day together after your classes, what do you think?"

"Really?? Yes, we'll eat popcorn and watch a movie together!" I'm really happy to be able to spend time with my mother, I should thank Jimin.

"Perfect. Now get up, go get ready!"

The weather was sunny today so I decided to wear a pale pink summer dress with flowers with a pair of white converse and tied my hair in a bun. I put on some light make-up and nude lip gloss to match with my outfit. It was 10:55, Jimin should arrive soon, I looked in the mirror one last time to see if everything was okay.

TUUUT TUUUT TUUUT

The horn of a car sounded, I glanced out the window and saw Jimin resting on the car door. She wore a pastel pink shirt and a boyfriend jeans with a pair of Nike sneakers. She was gorgeous even with a simple outfit. I rushed down and kissed my mother on the cheek. I took a deep breath and opened the door. At the moment Jimin saw me, her jaw dropped and looked at me from head to toe.

"Are you drooling Daddy?" I teased her, I didn't even know why I called her Daddy, her gaze literally gave me a confidence boost.

"You're so pretty, cute, beautiful, gorgeous, sexy and perfect today." I think I'm blushing because I felt my cheeks turning red. "Let's go, I'm starting to get hungry." she gave me her hand and I took it with pleasure. She opened the door for me and suddenly she leaned over me, I could smell her perfume because I was at the crook of her neck, she put on the seat belt and checked that I was comfortable. God help me, her face was too close to me and I was afraid that she might hear my heartbeat. "You know you're very cute when you blush babe." she winked and kissed me on forehead, my body no longer reacted, all the way, I looked in front of me. I didn't know how to act, I could feel that she was giving me some glances and I just wanted to disappear.

"We've finally arrived!" she said exclaiming like a kid. The park was big, there were lots of cherry blossoms, it looks like in a fairy tale. Jimin was taking the stuff out of the trunk, in one hand she had an isotherm container to keep the drinks cool and in the other hand, she was holding a bag full of Tupperware boxes. I wanted to help her but she didn't want me to carry something too heavy, so she told me to take the last bag with blankets. We were starting to look for a place, there were already some couples, families and children running around.

"Over there, by the tree." she pointed to the place. We set the large blanket on the grass, Jimin placed plates, cutlery and two plastic cups. We took off our shoes and placed them at the foot of the tree. When I was going to sit down, I realized that I was wearing a dress, which was really not smart from me.