Chapter 50: Choice

Minjeong's POV

"Aeri, I told you I can do the groceries by myself.... Yes, don't worry when I get there, I'll call you if you want!.... Jimin's at work, she didn't want me to come today.... Yes Aeri... remind me again, are you my best friend or my mother?.... I love you too!"

I was shopping peacefully when Aeri called me. She didn't understand what I was doing out there alone just because I was pregnant. She wants me to stay home and not move for the rest of the day. Since I became pregnant, my mother and Aeri have been dramatizing everything. Two days ago, I lifted a pot full of water and my mom started yelling at me because she was saying what I had just done was dangerous. Being a pregnant woman is definitely more complicated than I thought.

I was walking around the various departments of the supermarket thinking about what I could make for dinner tonight for Jimin and me. Speaking of Jimin, she was calling me.

"Hi hon!"

"Hey babe, where are you?"

"I'm at the supermarket, I didn't want to stay at home and also the fridge started to empty. So, I'm running some groceries, by the way would you like to eat for tonight?"

"You could have told me, Jen! You know that I don't want you to go out alone, something could happen to you."

"Jimin, I know how to take care of myself."

"I know... I'm sorry." shit, my mood swings are out of control, so I easily get angry with people around me.

"That's not what I meant, love.... Why don't I join you at your office now? So, we could go home together?"

"Okay, when you arrive soon, send me a message and I'll wait for you at the entrance of the building."

"All right, see ya! I love you."

"I love you too, be careful when you cross the street." I took my shopping cart and hurried to get the last things I needed for tonight. needed to buy a few cans of tuna for the salad but unfortunately, the store had placed it at the very top of the shelf and with my small size, it wasn't going to be possible. I looked around me to see if there was no stool, but not wanting to waste time, I tiptoed and stretched out my arm as far as I could to reach the can. My fingers touched the article, but it was even worse because I had moved it back. When suddenly, an arm appeared and easily grabbed the can.

"Oh, hey Minjeong." he handed me the can and I thanked him quickly.

"Hey Jaehyun, thank you for your help. What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to buy some things for lunch. Aren't you with Jimin?"

"She's at the office, but I'm going to join her now."

"Oh, perfect because I was just about to stop by the company to see how everything was going before I left for Cambodia in a few days so let me take you away. If Jimin finds out I ran into you and I didn't offer to go with me, she'll tell me I'm a monster. "I thought for a few seconds about his proposal, it would have been someone else, I wouldn't have hesitated, but knowing that Jimin hates Jaehyun, I don't know if she would rather | walk alone than him with me. But I didn't want to waste time and guys when they know a girl is pregnant, they lose all interest.

"Yeah sure."

We were now in Jaehyun's car. Everything was clean, the seats were in perfect condition as if the car was new. We were listening to the news when suddenly the journalist approached the investigation into the mysterious disappearances of young girls. I felt Jaehyun being tense but I didn't really pay attention. The journalist was about to do a debriefing when Jaehyun turned off the radio.