Chapter 48: Troublemaker

Unknown's POV

"Boss, we're sorry we failed last time."

"You're just incapable. How many times have I told you to think before you do something?"

"We're really sorry, Boss... What do we do now?"

"I have my target, we'll make our moves soon..." the person ended furiously the call, feeling nervous, the angry one couldn't wait to get the next victim.

"Next victim... Time is running out... Don't disappoint me."

Jimin's POV

Yesterday, I proposed to Minjeong and I think it's one of the best things I've ever done in my life. I ended up crying when she said yes, even though knew the answer, I was still emotional. When we returned home, we both received a lot of phone calls. We thought something serious had happened, but it turned out that everyone knew about my proposal on the bridge. Indeed, some people were passing by and they had recognized me. So, they took their phones and filmed us, the video was shared more than 600,000 times in a few hours. My mother was upset with me because she wanted to be there when I proposed. Everyone wanted all the information and the calls had become unbearable for both of us. We then decided to invite them this evening to my apartment to officially announce the good news.

I told Minjeong she shouldn't come to work today. I gave her the task of setting the apartment and preparing food for the guests. Her mother kindly offered to help us and as I know that her mother is testing lots of new recipes, I thought it was an opportunity for her to showcase her culinary talents. I looked at the latest files and remembered that I needed the reports that Jaemin was handling. To my surprise, I did not see him at his desk, everything was tidy and his computer was off, which meant that he was not there. For some time now, he has often arrived at work late, but this is the first time he has been away, and it is strange that he did not call to prevent it. He probably still has the habit that when he was the "cool" law student. But it wasn't very serious because the reports were all in his computer file. I quickly found the file and sent it to my email address. I was about to turn off the computer when a file caught my attention,"8". I clicked on it but it required a password. It was over before, so I decided to go get my USB key and download it on it. I'm sure it's not a file about the company and before Jaemin came here, he wasn't there yet. Maybe, I might talk to Sungchan about it tonight since he has some computer skills and he has some friends who work in the sector.

"Well, well, well. Yu Jimin, have you decided to be a simple employee?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you're not sitting in your office so I was wondering if you didn't have enough employees."

"Very funny Jaehyun. May I know what you are doing here?" Minjeong wasn't here today so maybe, I could punch him in his face and she wouldn't know anything.

"I was just stopping by to see how things were going. Is Minjeong here?"

"Everything is fine, thank you to worry about my company. My wife is at our home, why do you need to talk with her?"

"Oh, I see. You're already preparing her to be a housewife. Nothing special, I just wanted to chit chat with her, you know, as friends. And in a week I have to go back to New York, so I wanted to know if Minjeong wanted a little souvenir."

"Thank you again for thinking about my wife but she'll be fine. If Minjeong wants something, I'll get for her."

"Damn, Minjeong is so lucky. She's going to get married to the richest CEO of the city, I'm sad that I came late. I didn't have chance to taste h-"