Chapter 51: Reality

Jimin's POV

Minjeong had been missing for hours, it was impossible to reach her and I was unable to stay calm, I had an anger that I tried to control as best I could, but internally I was dying slowly because I didn't know where she was, it was fucking kill me.

Thank God, Officer Yuta was with us at the time, he helped us by tracking the location of my girlfriend's phone. The last time her phone sent a signal, was at the supermarket, which was 15 minutes walk from the company. We immediately went to the scene, everyone was aware that Minjeong had mysteriously disappeared. Aeri stayed with Mrs. Kim who passed out when she found out what had happened. Everyone, including my parents, were at my apartment waiting to be informed.

Officer Yuta, Sungchan and I had demanded to see the security cameras and the most unexpected thing happened. On the cams, Jaehyun was seen talking to Minjeong and they headed for the parking lot. Minjeong didn't seem to be panicking, it wasn't like she was forced. All the questions that were bothering me were over when one of Officer Yuta's teammates called him to let him know that the investigation had progressed and that they had a new lead. We had learned that Jaemin had been adopted by Jaehyun's father. I never knew about this story and I even asked my father if he knew about it but apparently he himself did not know that his friend had adopted a child. The odd thing is that when Jaehyun and Jaemin met, they acted as if they didn't know each other. I can believe they don't get along, but to the point of denying that they were "brothers" left me perplexed. What were these two people hiding?

I threw my coat violently on the floor of the office. I was furious because I felt like everything was because of me. For the first time in my life, I felt lost and helpless about the situation. I didn't know what to do, I didn't know how I could find her. I couldn't be positive anymore because all the worst scenarios were going through my head.

'Minjeong, where are you?'

Minjeong's POV

I woke up with incessant screams, I was about to curse Jimin who was probably watching a movie with the volume at maximum when suddenly everything came back to my mind.

Flashback

"Don't look at me like that, Kim Minjeong. I didn't kill that bitch." he says laughing and looks back to the road. When he finally slowly said in a scary tone, "I don't do those kinds of things because I am the boss."

"What do you mean?"

"Girls, they always want to know everything and sometimes this curiosity brings them to a state where they would wish they had never known the truth."

"Jaehyun, stop the car right now."

"You want to leave me already? Well, if that's what you really want, but to be honest, I'm quite hurt how you treat me." he parked the car by the side of the road, I was about to open the door when suddenly he put a tissue on my nose. I tried to fight but my head started to spin, I saw blurred, everything around me was fading away and it was complete darkness.

End of Flashback

My eyes finally opened, drops of sweat were running down my forehead as if I had just had a nightmare. I was lying on a thin mattress on the floor. The room was dark, only the light from the door sill lit up it. I immediately checked my phone but realized that I didn't even have my purse with me. I don't know how long I've been here and I don't know how I was going to get out of here. Suddenly, the knob of the door turned and a bearded man in his thirties came in and pushed a young girl who collapsed to the floor.

"You're going to stay with her, the boss will come later." that's the only thing he said before he closed the door on us to leave us in complete darkness. I approached the girl who was lying on the floor, wearing a dirty white t-shirt and torn shorts. The poor girl didn't even have shoes. When I saw her face up close, I was shocked.