Chapter 52: Shattered

Third's POV

"Put your hands up, Mr. Jaehyun! Get away from Miss Kim, now!" Officer Yuta shouted as he pointed his gun at the young man who was over the brunette's body who was half conscious. He nodded to his partner to cuff him and put him down, "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.", Officer Yuta made sure that Minjeong was still breathing, "Miss Kim Hold my hand and try not to fall asleep, the rescue is coming.", he took her pulse and took her walkie-talkie, "This is Officer Yuta, call an ambulance. We have a half-conscious victim. I am also told that other young girls have been found on the west side of the building. Request several medical teams."

"Minjeong!" Jimin ran to his girlfriend and hugged her, "It's me, I'm here... I'm here love..."

"Rescue is on its way, Jimin. It's okay, your girlfriend will be fine," he says, tapping her shoulder to reassure her. Jimin had spent the worst hours of her life but as soon as she saw Minjeong, it was as if she had been given a second chance to live. She turned her face and met the monster's sick grin. She walked towards him, grabbed the collar and punched him in the face. She was ready to kick him again, but Officer Yuta stopped her, "Jimin stop! Jaehyun will deserve what he deserves. He's not worth it."

"Right, listen to him Yu."

"I'll see you in court and you can believe me that a lot of things will be waiting for you."

Jimin's POV

"Jimin! Where's Minjeong? Is she okay? Can I see her now?!" Mrs. Kim asked me with a worried look on her face. Aeri supported her with her arm for fear that she would pass out again.

"Don't worry Mrs. Kim, Minjeong is in the hands of the doctors now," I took her hands and reassured her, she calmed down immediately when she heard this.

"Thank you Jimin, I'm glad my daughter met you." her words made me feel better and we stayed in each other's arms for a while.

"Jimin, where is Yizhuo?"

"She's with Sungchan and Somi. I told them to grab something to eat while I'm waiting for the doctors here."

"What about your parents?" I sighed. I immediately called my father to tell him the bad news. He was very shocked and I asked him to talk with Jaehyun's father. I can't even imagine how he must feel, his two sons are now in prison while he has always tried to give the best to his children, poor man.

We were all now sitting in the waiting room, no one was talking because we were not in the mood to find topics for conversation. I could feel this unbearable stress, I kept playing with my fingers and looking at the clock every time. It took so long because Minjeong was not the only one rescued, the police found about thirty other young girls who had been missing for months. My parents had also told me that they were on their way. They spent the morning talking and comforting Jaehyun's father, apparently he was devastated but I am not surprised. Suddenly, the operating room doors opened. A man in his fifties wearing glasses and a white lab coat came out.

"Are you Miss Kim Minjeong's relatives?" we all got up and asked him the question that had been bothering us for hours.

"Doctor, is Minjeong okay?"

"I have a few things to inform you about.... First, Miss Minjeong shows no signs of sexual assault, we found some injuries to the arms and legs but nothing serious." we all let go of the breath we've been holding since then. The idea that Jaehyun might have touched Minjeong makes me sick and if the police hadn't arrived in time, I don't know what could have happened to her, "But I have some bad news about... the baby. We found a substance in the form of a drug that Miss Kim ingested. We think she was forced to take it unconsciously when she was kidnapped. Since then, she has received a severe blow to the stomach, which unfortunately killed her child. We had done our best to save him. We are sincerely sorry." I felt many different emotions when I heard the news. Anger, sadness, hatred, uneasiness, my whole body had been paralyzed. The shock was so strong that everything around me had stopped, I couldn't even hear my friends calling me anymore, who were probably trying to comfort me. But this pain can never be cured.