Chapter 31: Dinner

Jimin's POV

Tonight, Minjeong was going to have dinner with Jaehyun and I agreed. Since our last fight, I had thought a lot and found that there were things about me that I needed to change. Since this morning, I haven't had a chance to talk to Minjeong yet. I had to come to the company earlier for a meeting and asked Yizhuo to take Minjeong to her classes. After her classes, she would go straight to her friendly date, so I won't see her until tomorrow. But she promised to keep me informed regularly and call me as soon as she got home. I got a call from Somi, she had asked me to meet up tonight to eat and talk together since we haven't seen each other in a few days. I accepted because I was happy to spend time with her, I considered her a friend because she is always ready to listen to me. To be honest, it will help me not to think about Minjeong all the time, and I know Somi will be able to comfort me and give me positive vibes.

We ended up eating fat burgers. I thought Somi had to go on a diet because she's part of the cheerleading team. When I told her that, she burst out laughing and I felt stupid. She explained to me that she didn't care at all and that she went to the gym three times a week anyway. She told me all the gossip from school as if I was one of the students. Sometimes she would give me names when I didn't know them at all.

"...that's how Soobin and Arin broke up. It's so sad man because they looked cute together."

"I can believe it's sad and that surely they were a beautiful couple but Somi, I don't know these people, so I don't give a fuck."

"You're not funny at telling gossip, Jimin." I shrugged and focused back on my bacon burgers.

"Oh, and how's your love life?"

"If you're just messing with me, you can shut up, Yu. May I have to remind you that your girlfriend's eating with a handsome rich guy now."

"Shut up bitch! I'm asking seriously." I threw a French fry in her face and instead of throwing it away, she ate it.

"My love life is as dry as the Sahara Desert." she said looking at her burger and sighed "But food keeps me alive 'cuz food is life bro!" I laughed at her bullshit and shook my head. Suddenly, an idea came to mind.

"Somi, I have a person I'd like you to meet."

"Who's that?"

"His name is Sungchan. He's my handsome cousin and he's single. He just arrived in Korea a few days ago and is looking for a girlfriend. I'm sure you'll get along."

"As long as he's cute and rich, everything's fine with me."

"Cool!"

Minjeong's POV

I was on my way to meet Jaehyun. I was surprised at Jimin's reaction. I didn't expect her to be able to give me permission to eat with the person she hated the most. I know she's trying to make an effort and I'm very grateful to her. I'm glad she trusts me, she has nothing to fear and this idiot knows it very well. Jaehyun is a cute and nice guy, but I only consider him as a friend. Of course, I know how Jaehyun feels about me, but I have no intention of giving him hope.

I saw Jaehyun from afar, he was talking to two men in black suits. I was waiting for them to leave before joining him because I didn't want to interrupt them, they seemed to be talking about something serious. Before the two men left, he gave them two envelopes and they thanked him by bowing as a sign of respect.

"Hi Jaehyun!"

"Oh, hi Minjeong!"

"I arrived five minutes ago, but I saw you talking to two people and I didn't want to disturb you."