Chapter 38: Graduate

Minjeong's POV

It's the end of the year, I passed all my exams and I think it was one of the worst times of my life. I worked every day very late to the point of making sleepless nights. Jimin was a great help, making sure I slept and ate enough. There was a day when I hadn't stopped studying, my mom wanted me to take a break, but I really didn't have time to stop. She didn't know what to do, so she called Jimin. Jimin was furious with me when she found out that I hadn't slept and that I was only eating a few snacks. She came to my house with 5 bags full of sandwiches, salads and drinks. I had to take a break because she was right, it was not good for me and I needed energy to continue studying anyway. From that day until the end of my exam session, Jimin was taking her files to work at my house and she had asked Sungchan to replace her at the company for a while.

Today, it was finally the results. I haven't been able to sleep properly for a few days because I was too anxious to know if I had succeeded but feel confident. I can't wait to graduate and finally do what I've loved since I was a kid. Aeri and I were waiting outside the panel where the results would be displayed. Aeri was also confident, Yizhuo helped her a lot during the session. The students around us were in the same state as us, some were already crying and others didn't care at all like Somi. We became very close, at first Aeri didn't like her that much but she quickly changed her mind when she got to know her, that's why you should never judge a person until you know them.

"So when are they going to release these results? I just want to go see my boyfriend and eat with him."

"A few months ago you still hated him." I said to Somi who couldn't stay put. I think it was the biggest surprise of the year, Sungchan finally managed to hit on Somi. Jimin and I thought it would never work because Somi kept saying how much she hated him because he was arrogant, vicious and pervert, but apparently everyone succumbs to the Yu's spell.

"Yeah, I remembered when you said 'Oh no, this guy disgusts me! I can't even breathe the same air as him!'' Aeri said, imitating Somi's voice.

"People change and you know, I couldn't say no, he's too handsome."

"Of course, you even wanted to flirt with Jimin, but you were too late because Kim Minjeong was there before you."

"Shut up Aeri."

"Look, they're posting the results! Let's go check it out so we can get this over with." We hurried to the boards because there was already a line of students in front. I was too excited to see and tell my mom and Jimin. Jimin even promised me that if I succeeded, she would surprise me and you know I love her surprises. Somi was the first of the three of us to see her results. She put her finger on the sheet to find her name. Suddenly, she cried out and jumped everywhere as if she had won the greatest reward.

"Yes I did it! Finally, I am getting out of this prison! I'm going to go home and burn all my schoolbooks." I'm sure she'll miss university later. It was now Aeri's turn to look at the results. She looked for her name in the board and cried out like Somi.

"Yes! I graduated my little chickens! I'll call Yizhuo!" I was happy that Aeri made it, every year she worked hard and always tried to do her best. It was finally my turn, my heart started to beat so fast and my hands were sweaty, 'come on Min, it's gonna be okay!' I approached the board and looked for my name in the long list. My heart skipped a beat when I saw my name "Kim Minjeong - Very honorable distinction with unanimous congratulations from the jury."

"Minjeong?? So???" Somi and Aeri asked me eagerly awaiting the verdict.

"Girls... I... fucking graduated!"

"Congratulations Minjeong! That's perfect, all three of us are graduates!" Aeri said.

"Call to your mom and your oppa!" Somi smirked when she said "oppa". I took my phone and looked for Mom's phone number when suddenly someone called me.