Special Chapter: New Year

To celebrate New Year's Eve this year, Jimin had decided she wanted to do something special. She wanted to be useful and this time she wanted to do with her girlfriend. She didn't want to throw a party like in previous years because she didn't think it was necessary. The most important thing for her was to spend her day with the people she loved the most. Jimin went to a small poor village. She was accompanied by her parents, Minjeong and her mother. Their parents had taken care of preparing food for the children. Minjeong was doing handicraft activities with them and Jimin was giving an English class. Yizhuo and Aeri had joined them later. They had been looking for additional material. Yizhuo even taught drawing classes and Aeri was her assistant. The children enjoyed it and it was heartwarming to see their smiles.

"Listen! For this last activity, we will dance. You will find yourself a partner, you can dance with whoever you want and we'll switch too." Jimin said. The children started to form groups of two and stood in place holding hands. Aeri and Minjeong checked that everyone had someone and that no one was alone. They gave Yizhuo the signal and she turned on the music.

"You will make a choreography in pairs. We'll let you practice and in an hour, you'll perform your dance. There will be a winner, the winning group will receive a surprise!" Minjeong said and all the children squealed with joy. The four of them sat in the back with their parents. They talked and ate while watching the village children preparing the little show.

The dance performance was joyful and cheerful. The children applauded for each of their classmates and they were definitely happy. These children didn't often have the opportunity to do this kind of activity because they rarely had visitors. After that, they were exhausted but fortunately Minjeong and Jimin's mother had prepared plenty of food. There were small sandwiches, pies, fruit salads and more. The day was coming to an end, parents came to pick up their children and thanked the four of them and their families. Jimin, Minjeong, Aeri and Yizhuo were touched because before leaving, each child had given them a souvenir and that was worth more than anything, this feeling was indescribable.

They were now sitting at a long table that the villagers had prepared. To thank them, the local inhabitants asked to spend the night to admire the celebration that took place on New Year's Eve. They had also prepared traditional dishes for them.

"So Jimin, when is the baby due?" Jimin's mom asked as if it was natural. All four choked on their glasses of water at the same time.

"Mooooom!"

"What?"

"Can we talk about this at another time, please?"

"Your mother is right. But I think it's better to think about marriage first, don't you?"

"Daaaaaad!"

"W-we weren't thinking ab-bout all this yet, at least it won't be for now." Minjeong explained while she was furiously blushing.

"Honey, are you going to adopt?" Minjeong's mom asked and that was the question that was going to come up one day. Indeed, her mother was still not aware that Jimin had the ability to get her daughter pregnant.

"Oh, don't worry aunty, Jimin can make Minjeong preggy hehe!" Aeri said and smirked to her best friend. How much she loved annoying Minjeong, that's why Yizhuo fell in love with her. She loved so much her childish side. On the other side of the table, Minjeong gestured to Aeri, showing that she would kill her later.

"Really? How?" Minjeong's mom was now confused. How could one girl get another girl pregnant?

"What I can tell you now is that Jimin will be a good dad, Mrs. Kim." Yizhuo helped Minjeong because she saw that she was embarrassed to talk about it.

"Oh, so that's the magic huh?" Minjeong's mother looked at her daughter and wiggled her eyebrows. Minjeong hid behind her hands because now her mother was also teasing her.

"I'm already a good Daddy, right babe?" Jimin playfully asked to her girlfriend who was now blushing more. Minjeong pinched her arm and Jimin screamed in pain, still as exaggerated as ever. Everyone laughed but only Yizhuo and Aeri had understood the "Daddy" thing and it was better. Minjeong probably wouldn't want to explain that Jimin was first her sugar Daddy before she was her girlfriend.

"What about you Aeri?" her parents asked her daughter. Unlike Jimin, Yizhuo did not have the ability to get their daughter pregnant.

"Yizhuo and I had thought about adopting. But we're in no hurry because we want to take time to be together, right love?"

"Yes, but we hope to be able to get married next year. We will keep you all informed of course!" The evening ended well and they now went to see the celebration that was held on top of a hill. They had men in traditional clothing dancing with their wives and children. In the middle, there was a campfire, it was a way to warm up. There were traditional dances where children formed a pyramid and spit fire. It was incredible how talented they were at their age. It was now 11:58 pm, everyone was looking up at the sky because they were told that a charitable person had offered to light a fireworks display.

"3...2...1... HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

They shouted at the same time. They began to hug and kiss each other. Everyone admired the sky where splashes of color were formed in the starry sky. Minjeong took her mother in her arms and they started crying. Another year where they both lived, where they tried to find time to stay together, where Minjeong did everything to protect her mother. Her mother saw Jimin who admired them. Her mother motioned to her daughter to join her girlfriend. Jimin was standing there thinking that this was perhaps one of the best years of her life. Minjeong moved towards Jimin and placed her arms around her neck.

"Happy New Year Love."

"Happy New Year Jagiya."

They kissed under the fireworks that now shone in the sky. They hoped that the year ahead would be a better one and that they would be able to overcome all the difficulties they faced.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was a special Chapter made by the original author on New Years, I just changed the year in the title from 2019 to 2021.