Chapter 27: Bestfriends

Jimin's POV

I took my long black coat and my Burberry scarf. I walked without meeting the eyes of my employees who were looking at me because they must have heard the noise of our fight from my office and especially when Minjeong had slammed the door. I was now waiting in front of elevators. I kept pushing the fucking button because the elevator didn't want to come and I seriously started to lose patience. When I finally crossed the portico of the building, I took a big breath of wind. It's like I haven't breathed for years. I thought about a moment where I could go for a walk. The idea of the park with the fountains seemed interesting to me so I decided to go there.

The trees were slowly losing their leaves, the birds were huddling together on the thin branches of strong old trees as if they were trying to warm up. Elderly couples were walking around looking sweetly to the children who were playing with their parents. No one was sitting on the benches because it was far too cold. I was walking around when I saw a girl drop her groceries on the ground, her bag had torn. She tried as best she could to take her groceries in her arms, but nothing would do, everything would fall back. So, I decided to go to her rescue.

"Hey, let me help you."

"Oh God, thank you!" she got up and looked at me. She opened her eyes wide and froze as if she had seen a ghost "Jimin?!"

"Hmm, yes?... Have we met before?" I looked at her face to try to remember if I didn't know her, but I'm sure I've never met her. She was still young, she must be about the same age as Minjeong, she's probably a student. Judging by the groceries she had bought, she had to live in a student residence, you know... pasta and frozen meals.

"I actually know you, but you don't know me... I mean, I'm in the same university as your girlfriend, Minjeong."

"Oh..."

"My name is Somi." she reached out her hand and dropped all her stuff on the ground again. I laughed at her clumsiness.

"Hahahaha nice to meet you, Somi. I suggest we bring your groceries back to my office and I'll give you a bag to put them in. My office is just a five-minute walk away. What do you think?"

"Oh... hmm... t-thank you Jimin." she shyly said and blushed. Oh God, don't tell me she has a crush on me. Somi is a pretty girl and I can't say otherwise. She is cute, she has beautiful shapes and her eyes are attractive but no one will beat my Minjeong. Maybe it's because I'm madly in love with her. So I was helping her take her things. On the way, we talked about her studies and what she wanted to do after graduation. She had become more comfortable than she was right away. She would like to teach in villages where children do not have access to education. I think it's great that there are still motivated young people, you know we need them to change this shitty world. I hope that the next generation will be more open and tolerant, that people can respect others despite differences, that people can live their lives with the people they love without being constantly judged for who they are.

When we arrived in front of the building, Somi thought I was joking. She couldn't believe that at my age, I was at the head of this gigantic edifice. We were settling into my office. I gave her a plastic bag where she could put her groceries. I made her a coffee and we kept talking. We hadn't even met for an hour, but we talked as if we were friends of long standing.

"How did you and Minjeong meet?" she asked me while sipping her cup of tea. I didn't know how to answer her, should I tell the truth? But Minjeong probably wouldn't like the idea of me telling this to someone who's in the same university as her.

"We met at a party and we have kept in touch."

"Minjeong is lucky."

"Lucky?"