Chapter 42: Baby

Jimin's POV

Minjeong has been in the operating room for more than an hour, the doctors tell me there's nothing serious but why are they taking so long? Minjeong had fainted in the toilet, I was making her tea when I heard a noise. I rushed to the toilet and started knocking, but I had no answer from her. Fortunately, I had a special key to open the toilet in case of an emergency. I found her on the ground and when I took her in my arms, she was burning. I immediately called the ambulance and since they had just left, they arrived quickly.

"Jimin calm down, I'm sure Minjeong is fine. Go get some food, we'll stay here and if we have any news we'll call you." Sungchan tried to convince me, actually i didn't eat and drink anything since the incidence in the office.

"I can't... First I want to make sure Minjeong is fine or I can't eat anything." Sungchan didn't say anything else because he knew how I was. Until I was reassured that Minjeong would not be in any danger, would go nowhere. Aeri, Yizhuo and Somi wanted to come but I told them to wait for us at the apartment and that they shouldn't worry because I was going to take care of Minjeong.

"Jimin!" Minjeong's mother ran to us, she was exhausted.

"Mrs. Kim... I'm sorry it's all my fault..."

"It's okay darling, it's not your fault. Aeri called me to explain everything. Thank you for always taking care my daughter. Did the doctors give any news?"

"Excuse me, are you one of Miss Kim Minjeong's relatives?" one of the doctors came out of the operating room at that time.

"I'm her girlfriend and this is her mother."

"Hello, I'm Dr. Seungri. I have good news and bad news... I mean I hope it's a good news..."

"Start with the wrong one please, doctor."

"The bad news is that Miss Kim has a very low blood pressure that is probably due to the heat. She has a high fever and significant dehydration. I think she'll have to stay a few more days in the hospital to make sure everything's fine."

"And what's the good news, doctor?"

"Miss Kim Minjeong is three weeks pregnant but you said that you were her girlfriend so I d-."

"Minjeong is pregnant?" I was shocked, a lot of things went through my head at the same time. I couldn't believe what I just heard, Minjeong was fucking pregnant!

"I'm sorry I think I shouldn't sa-"

"OMG doctor, I'm gonna be a father!!! Mrs. Kim, did you hear that??"

"I'm so happy! I can finally hold my daughter's baby!"

"Doctor, can I see Minjeong now?"

"Yes, but be careful she's still tired but-" I rushed to the room where Minjeong was. I heard Sungchan reassure the doctor that he shouldn't apologize because he must have thought that Minjeong had cheated on me with a guy. I saw Minjeong lying on her bed, she was taking the last medications the nurse was giving her.

"Hey baby, how do you feel?" I took two chairs for her mom and me. Her mother kissed her on the forehead and I was just holding her hand because I wasn't going to kiss her in front of her, it was too embarrassing.

"Better. I guess that the doctor told you the news?..." Minjeong wasn't looking me in the eye, I knew she was going to be afraid of my reaction.

"Minjeong, if you think I'm going to leave you, then you can forget about it right now. You don't know how happy I am. We're going to start a family and I'll protect both of you." I pinched the tip of her nose and poked her belly."