Chapter 41: Before

Jimin's POV

We were back in Korea for a few weeks now after a short stay in Hawaii, it was the best vacation of my life. I think it's been a long time since I've had fun and this time everything was different. I have already been on holiday with friends and some beautiful brunettes, but this holiday is beyond compare. I had the opportunity to spend time with Minjeong, we had created memories together that I hope to be able to tell our children later, I mean except the wild parts. Since we came back, everyone's been doing their own thing, which means we rarely see each other. Yizhuo had explained to me that there were more and more important guests coming to stay in her hotel, so Aeri decided to work there for a while as she was looking for a job in the city. Sungchan was travelling back and forth between China and Korea but unfortunately his girlfriend Somi couldn't always accompany him. Minjeong knew she was lonely so she invited her to sleep at her place while my cousin was abroad. Concerning Minjeong, she still worked as my personal secretary, but these days I feel that she is quickly exhausted because it was unfortunately hot at this time of the year. I offered her to work with me first at the company while we were looking for a suitable job for her. Minjeong wanted to open her own office, but it was not easy to do so. We had to find a strategic plan because the competition is tough and it will be difficult. About the money, there is no worries since I explained to her that I will finance her office even if she did not agree, but it is unthinkable to open one if you are not financially stable.

"Here your coffee babe." Minjeong placed a cup of coffee in front of me and went to sit at her desk.

"Thank you love but you needn't to do it... Is your headache gone? I can drive you back at home so you can take a rest."

"It's okay babe... I don't have a headache anymore, I just feel a little nauseous, but that's due to the heat. I'm going to take my medication and with a few glasses of water it will be fine!"

"Okay but don't work too much. You can take a break whenever you want and lay down on the couch, all right?" she nodded and went back to work. I was signing some papers when someone knocked on the door. It was one of my employees who informed me that some collaborators had arrived earlier than expected. So, I had to leave Minjeong for a few minutes because I had to welcome them. "Minjeong, is it okay if I leave you for a moment?"

"Yes, don't worry about me! Go ahead." I kissed her before and left the room.

Minjeong's POV

I was finishing filing the files and putting some order on Jimin's desk. She might look like a perfectionist, but she was the messiest person in the world. I took a hanger, put on her long black coat and put it in the wardrobe. Her coat smelled like Jimin and honestly her scent is amazing. I went back to my desk and started doing some research for my work. I noted the advice on how I could open my own office in Seoul. I know there is a lot of competition but it doesn't scare me, on the contrary like it when there is a challenge, it makes it exciting. I was a little thirsty so I got up to get a glass of water when suddenly I almost fell to the ground. My head was starting to spin and I was seeing blurry. I caught hold of the different pieces of furniture as I walked towards the living room, it was better for me to take a short break. I slowly lay down on the couch and closed my eyes. I was trying to control my breathing, I felt my heart beating fast. I didn't know the heat could affect me so much, I'll have to do a health check this month to make sure everything is fine. A few seconds later, I heard the office door open. Jimin was back, she approached me slowly and made as less noise as possible because she was probably afraid to wake me up. She traced a finger along my jaw but something was weird, her touch wasn't soft and she smelled like cigarettes... and Jimin doesn't smoke. I quickly opened my eyes and took the time for my eyes to adjust to the light. I was shocked when I saw the person in front of me.