an offer

before the mechanics can tell the pitwall, something fails in the car and you hear micks radio go off
"i can't control it! my brake function is shit right now!"
"we are going to shut off the engine, lucky your on a straight right now"
"quickly please"
"engine is off do not do anything" micks car slows down leaving him stranded near a corner, you hear crofty chiming in your headphones
"ooh and mick schumacher is out of p1!"

mick comes back on a scooter and walks into the garage taking off his helmet then speaking his team boss before heading over to you.
you turn round on your stool now facing mick "that wasn't supposed to happen"
"i know it's okay though"
one of the mechanics chimed in "she saved you out there, she saw the brake failure and reported it. i don't even know how she understood it"
"i do engineering and might be doing work in f1"
"that's cool" you look back at mick, he just smiles and hugs you
"thank you pups"
"i felt useless even though i told them i didn't feel helpful at all"
"you saved my life isn't that enough?"
"mm true" micks team boss, guenther, walks over to me while mick sits in a stool next to me, he proposes that i can do the university course as an apprenticeship at haas for the rest of the year, you look towards a smiling mick and look back at guenther, "i will think about it" guenther chats a little then leaves.

mick looks puzzled at you "why didn't you take it?"
"because i could still get a place here through my university"
"but you'd be working with me!"
"hm true... but if we work out and we date people will think i'm with you for the opportunity's and not for you" you say putting your hand on his leg
"i don't care we will just say you earned it without me"
"there will always be rumours mick"
"fuck what do i have to do to convince you?" mick holds your hands
"nothing"
"what?"
"i'll decide myself.. this is my career path"
"i understand but we could be togetherrr" he says squeezing your hands, you let go of one of his hands and walk him back to his driver room before we both say something stupid infront of mechanics, you and mick chat until fp2.

fp2 goes well, mick takes the car slowly before he can feel the issue has been fixed, he sets the 2nd fastest lap of the race. the whole garage cheers as they see this as a major win, and so do you, you hug mick as soon as you can and mick raves about how good that lap felt and how much in control he felt of the car. it was cute how he was rambling.

476 words