walks

you wake up and get changed, you start cleaning the house and doing random jobs before mick wakes up

you hit a glass while cleaning and it smashing on the floor, you just stare at it for a little before mick hugs you from behind making you zone back in, "go sit down, i'll clean it up"
"okay.." you sit down on the sofa just staring at a wall.

"pups? are you okay?" mick says kneeling in front of you.
"hmm yeah, just stuck"
"i get that..it sucks, but we can go out if you want?"
"not really, i kind of just want to sleep or just lay down and listen to music"
"you can go do that, i'll come in if i need to or if you want me too"
"i love you."
"i love you too now just go chill, please" mick gets up and softly leads you to the bedroom, you lie under the covers and just stare for a little before feeling the urge to cry.

you start thinking about family, especially you dad and how okay you've been despite it being not that long since his passing which makes you feel guilty, all emotions take over and you cry.
mick hears and carefully makes his way into the room and snuggles up behind you, "thank you" you say sniffling, mick just digs his head further into your shoulder which makes you cry even more.

you calm down and you face mick but he's fallen sleep, you get out of bed and sit on the floor in the bathroom.
you call charles and you chat for a little before mick gently pushes the door open but you say "give me a minute mick, i'll be out soon okay?"
he looks hurt but respects what you just said.

"why'd you kick him out? i feel like you need him"
"i don't know what i need"
"try sleep or bake something or find some work"
"i can do work i guess.."
"i need to go but call me if you need anything"
"will do, thank you charles"
you say your goodbyes and hang up, you head to your desk and put some headphones on starting your work on the last few races.

you write endlessly until mick places a plate of food next to you which makes you jump, "ah fuck, thank you bubs"
"i'm going to go out to lunch with mum so i will be back in 3 or 4 ish hours"
"okay" you say getting up and you hug mick like he's leaving for forever.
"i'll be back i promise, just call if there's an emergency" mick says pulling back from the hug and gently holds your face.
"i will, can you make sure all the doors are locked?"
"already done and they are all locked don't worry" mick strokes you cheek before kissing your forehead and leaving after you say i love you to each other.

you get stuck straight back into work and keep yourself busy for a while, you get super sleepy and burnt out so you finish off your last assignment and log off hopping into bed.

you wake up feeling dizzy, you realise you haven't eaten for a while and you just left the plate of food mick made you.
you eat whatever mick made you while watching some youtube in the living room, you hear a knock on the door and look out before answering it.
it was just mick.
"where's your house key?"
"in my pocket but i wanted to see if you were awake"
"weirdo" you go to walk away but stop in your tracks holding your head
"are you feeling okay?" mick says holding you up
"yeah fine just dizzy, i think i need some sleep..."
mick leads you to the bedroom and let's you fall asleep on his chest.

you jolt awake having a panic attack at 7pm, you hit yourself hoping pain would stop it, mick immediately hugs you and you just cry into his shoulder.
"shh hey your here, breathe"
you try carefully breathing in and out but your breath shakes on every exhale.
"your okay.."
"i can't mick"
"you can't what?" mick says fixing your hair
"i'm going on a walk"
"please take everything with you"
"yeah." you get up and you get changed.

you walk endlessly for two hours just silently walking, you've turned your phone on silent for the time being

you finally look at your phone and you call gina..
"y/n! how are you?"
"i'm okay, i'm close to your house"
"that's a two hour walk?"
"mhm... i will see you in 10 minutes?"
"just be safe okay... micks here"
"see you soon gina" you end the call and you walk to the schumacher household.

798 words