insecure

you wake up the next morning at put on a chill outfit.

your doing your hair when you feel two arms snake around your neck, "good morning baby" mick says with a husky voice"are you alright?""mhm""your outfits on that chair, we need to leave soon because we are late, yet again""fuuuuck" mick gets dresse...

"are you alright?"
"mhm"
"your outfits on that chair, we need to leave soon because we are late, yet again"
"fuuuuck"
mick gets dressed and you leave quickly heading to the track.

Fp1 has just begun and mick is heavily concentrating on fasts laps,
"mickey box box, data collected"
"i've barely done laps?"
"come back and i'll explain"
"okay" mick sounds a little panicked

mick gets back in and immediately runs to pitwall, "what's up? is everything good" mick says spinning your chair so he can stand between your legs
"sorry, i'm okay it's just we need to switch your data collection to tyre deg and i couldn't say it on radio, i blanked on the plan for it"
"you scared the shit out of me, you owe me an apology"
"my bad, but we need to do that"
"okay got it" mick swiftly head back to the car and gets out quickly following out the tyre deg plan.

fp2 goes well, you and mick get back to the hotel as soon as you can as you are both shattered.

skip to race day!

you arrive onto the paddock super early and immediately crack on with work, you run tests and double check diagnostics

"how's it going?"
"cars all good and should be how you want it" you look at mick for a minutes before he blurts out something.
"come get lunch with me and the boys"
"okay, yeah"

mick takes you to haas and grabs you meals before you head to the mercedes garage to eat, "hey lewis!"
"ah god, it feels like i haven't see you in forever" lewis says hugging you
"i've been so dedicated to work that i haven't really had 'me time' recently"
"tell me about it, i barely see you during the day anymore" mick chimes in
"you literally sleep in the bed next to me shut up"
you and lewis chat and wait for some more to arrive.
charles, pierre, carlos and lando all arrive and sit down with their food and you all get to chatting.

"we should go out tonight, regardless of where we place" pierre says before taking a bit of his food
"hm agreed." you say
"you always want to drink so makes sense" charles says slightly laughing
"true, but seriously we need something to do before the final race"
a lot of yes's were said and that was plans made.

"lew where's the bathroom in here?"
"angela! can you take y/n to the bathroom please?" lewis says as angela walks past
"sure"

"your micks other half aren't you?"
"yeah, also his strategist so i talk to him on pitwall"
"ah sweet, is it a good job?"
"besides me having my nose in work most nights, it's a great job and i love working with the cars, its amazing"
"working with lewis is great too, he so genuine isn't he?"
"yeah he is, he's like a big brother to me which is nice"
"f1 is one big weird family, it's sweet actually"
"mhm"
"follow this corridor down and to the left, i need to take this call"
"ah okay, thank you!"
you walk down the hallway and find the bathroom, you just stare in the mirror for awhile before you see your scars which you thought were covered up. you go reach for your phone but it isn't there because you've left it on the table, you face away from the mirror and go to the bathroom as planned, when you get out you try avoid the mirror and you leave quickly.
your eyes gloss over with tears but you try not to cause any drama in mercedes, when you get back to mick and lewis can tell that you are close to crying but not sure why.

"y/n i need to show you something" mick says as he leads you away from the table into a small room with a sofa and a tv, "what's up? your eyes are all glassy"
you just break down and mick leads you to sit on the sofa, you grip your wrist super tight which makes mick panic and scoops you onto his lap, holding your two hands with one of his.
"hey hey, you can tell me"
"my scars are showing and i thought the dress was covering them but it isn't and all of the media is going to see and make my life a living hell" you say quickly.
"i didn't notice them so i don't think media will, anyways that dress looks amazing on you.. the amount of willpower i have right now to not rip it off you is insane" mick says smiling, you laugh slightly and mick let's go of your hands, you just wrap them around micks neck and snuggle your head into his neck.

you stay like this for a while before you hear a knock on the door.
"can i come in?" lewis says gently opening the door
"yeah" you say, as lewis is opening the door you hear a familiar taps on the floor.
"i bought roscoe"
you immediately sit on the floor hugging roscoe, you eventually lie on the floor with roscoe lying on your stomach.

you look over to mick and he's smitten, he loves how you calm right down with roscoe.

"pups we need to go race..."
"man, yeah ok"
"you can sit it out if you want to"
"no.. never, i'm not leaving you when your so close to the break"
"okay, let's go"
mick takes your hand, you say bye to roscoe and lewis then you head off to haas.

"i love you, please be safe"
"i will be fine! i can't wait to be back home and in our bed"
"me too."
"i love you, now go because guenther is going to kill me"
you kiss mick one last time and head to the pitwall, "hello, are you okay?"
"hi, i had a moment earlier so if i need to step off pitwall could i?"
"i'll step in but you mustn't take breaks when mick needs you the most"
"i know, and i won't"

1055 words