<3

you wake up early and just admire mick until he wake up to you putting your hand on the side of his head.
"good morning" mick says super sleepily
"hii, your really pretty" you say softly
"oh so you were watching me sleep"
"noooo definitely not"
"how are you feeling?"
"better than i was last night that's for sure" you pause just staring into each others eyes before mick asks "do you want to go to the diner today?"
"is that even a question? of course i want to"
"lunch or dinner?"
"lunch pleaseee"
"i'll book our favourite table"
"yes!"

you keep chatting to mick for a bit before deciding to get up and actually start your day.

you decide to make a small breakfast for both you and mick, strawberry and chocolate crepes

you decide to make a small breakfast for both you and mick, strawberry and chocolate crepes. when your nearly done cooking the crepes mick comes up and leans on the bar near the hob and watches you cook.
"you know you can be helpful right?"
"how..?"
"cut up the strawberries pleaassee"
"yes ma'am" you hand mick a chopping board, the strawberries and a knife.
"how small do they need to be?"
"uh just dice them"
"yes chef" mick says in a silly voice, you laugh at his little yes chef, it was nice to cook with mick again you always used to do things after classes but as soon as mick got into formula anything he would have limited time to do things, plus with me out of university and only working on race days that literally just frees up everything unless if i get set work, which has yet to happen yet.

"these are the best crepes youve ever made"
"mhm i know" you both eat the crepes with strawberry and chocolate in the centre. once your done mick offers to wash up and you decide to watch some tv to waste time before lunch.
"what we watching?" mick says lifting up your legs to sit down then placing the back on his lap.
"uh not sure yet? maybe dynasty i still haven't finished it"
"that's fine by me"
"good because i was going to watch it wether you liked it or not"
"good to know i have an opinion"
"anyways what time is lunch booked for?"
"1pm it's the only slot i could get with our table"
"hmm thats manageable, only like 4 hours away, so like 4 ish episodes of dynasty"
"good maths pretty girl" you kick micks stomach and he just glared at you before you both start laughing.

it's now 1pm and we are sat in the diner looking at what we are going to order even though we get the same things basically everytime

it's now 1pm and we are sat in the diner looking at what we are going to order even though we get the same things basically everytime. you chat until the food comes and low and behold you both got the same as you normally do. once your done eating mick drives you back home or well you thought until he took a wrong turn...
"mick where are we going?"
"you'll see"
"i'm trusting you but i swear to god if you wrong me i will hurt you"
"i'm not going to hurt you jesus y/n"
"good because i'd beat your ass"
"just listen to the music and be quiet" you slowly start to recognise the route, it's going towards the old flower field you two used to chase eachother in when you were younger.

when we arrive at our destination it was definitely the flower field, mick grabs a backpack out of the boot of the car and you start walking through the field, you and mick hold hands swinging it back and fourth like a couple in a movie. you reach a spot that you had completely forgotten about, the small forest stationed in the middle of the flowers, you and mick carved your initials in a heart here.
"y/n! it's still here" mick says pointing towards the heart you carved out
"whoa i completely forgot about this" mick sets down a picnic blanket you both sit down.
"soo why'd you bring me here?"
"because i want to ask you something"
"ooh scary"
"do you care if i film it?"
"sure go ahead" mick props his phone up on a tree and hits record sitting back down again where he was originally.

"so this summer has been different and we've cuddled a lot huh"
"mhm mhm we have indeed"
mick grabs your hand "the date made me think and i was wondering if you wanted to be my girlfriend?"
"mick i'd love too be your girlfriend!" you say tackling him to the ground attacking him with kisses
"ahh i'm being attacked by my beautiful girlfriend"
you stop hovering your face over micks, "a kiss attack never hurt nobody" you fully make out under the trees until mick stops
"there's one last thing" you say sitting up, mick does too.
"i got us promise rings" mick opens a small box with two of the same rings, just a simple silver band with an engraving in it with the date and our nicknames for the opposite person.
"awh mick you know i've always wanted one"
"mhm hand?" you give mick your left hand and he slips it on your ring finger, luckily it fits perfectly.
"hand."
"pushy"
you glare at mick then kiss his nose before putting the ring onto his finger "perfect"
"your perfect mick, you know i've wanted this since i knew you"
"wait really?"
"mhm"
"i only just started falling for you again this summer"
"oh so when was the first time huh?"
"when we first met i super liked you"
"we are such idiots, we could have been together since the start of high school!"
"bummer, but i like it this way"
"mm me too" you grab micks phone and make it stop recording and you start kissing mick again to where it gets heated, you tap out asking mick to go home.

when your in the car ride home you can't stop smiling at your phone as you are texting luisa all about what happened, luisa is excited and happy for you both but does warn you of the media but you didn't really care as long as you didn't read anything incriminating against you. mick sees you smiling at your phone, "what are you doing?"
"messaging luisaa"
"ah you told her?"
"mhm... can i have the video you filmed?"
"yeah, grab my phone you know the password" you open micks phone and you realise his lock and home screen are the pictures of you in his race car.
"i like your lock screen"
"mhm me too" you send over both the video and the photos as he never sent them to you but you never asked. when you get the video you scourer it for a perfect lock screen photo. you find one, it's you and mick with your foreheads together just looking into each others eyes, plus you can tell mick is smiling which is adorable. you set it immediately as your lock screen and put back micks phone where it was, you focus on the radio until you are back home.

your back home now and cuddling on the sofa watching more dynasty "mick real question, whose room are we going to sleep in or do we just alternate when we feel like it?" you both look at each other
"to be honest? i really prefer your room over mine, all my clothes can stay in there until we move or something but your room"
"wait really?"
"yeah? i've always said i preferred your room"
"shoot yeah" you kiss mick on the nose and then concentrate back on the show.

1271 words