death

you have a few days before you travel to italy so it's just you and mick doing whatever your hearts desire

your back at home before you get a phone call from your family. "hey mum, is everything okay?" your mum chats before changing her tone, she announces your dad had passed away in the hospital a few nights ago after battling an illness for 2 years of his life, your mum didn't think to call you because you were still in the netherlands.
"do you need me to come over?"
"no no you stay with mick okay?"
"mum i can't just sit here and do nothing! dads gone and your just accepting it?!" you practically shout at your mum for being so okay with it
"honey i'm okay, if you even dare think of ruining your dream i will just make mick take you away from all of it, me and your brother are sorting the details on everything... we just need you to be you okay? dad would want you to be following your dreams"
"i don't care what dad would want he's dead!" you hang up and climb back into bed and sleep for the rest of the day.

"y/n?"
"go away"
"i'm not leaving until you tell me what's happened" mick says sitting beside you on the bed leaning over you using his hand to keep him up.
"mick. leave."
"and what if i don't?"
you sit up and show mick your red teary face, you start punching him out of anger.
"whoa whoa calm down" mick says hugging you to his chest, you fight out of his grip and lock yourself in your bathroom. you just cry leant against the cabinets, mick tries the door but fails "y/n open it please"
"mick, i said leave.."
"i will for now but i will be back in an hour, okay?" you stay silent and hear your bedroom door shut, you decide to unlock yourself from the bathroom and make your way towards your door locking it.

you flick through your phone of photos with you and your dad which makes you angrier that your mum didn't call you sooner or tell you than his condition worsened, your mind resorts your old ways and it gets the better of you.

you call your brother and you talk for hours, you ignore mick wanting to come in your room and just chat to your brother for a long time. "hold on anthony my boss is calling"
"yeah i'd pick that up, we will talk soon okay"
"love you"
with that you hand up and pick up guenthers call.
"hey guenther. what's up?"
"mick called, are you okay?"
"i'm fine? i'm not sure why he called you?"
"y/n i can hear you've been crying"
"oh no i'm just ill again, i'll be okay for italy"
"i'll take your word for it, get some sleep okay?"
"will do, see you at the race"
you hang up and it's silent, your thoughts overcome you and you just scream as deeply and as loudly has you can, you hear mick trying to get in so you say something which makes mick stop.

you fall asleep for awhile before waking up at 2am, you can't fall back asleep so you decide to go on a walk. you decide to get changed and walk out of the house.

you take your phone with you but turn off notifications and just leaving your phone on vibrate just in case somebody important called, you find the park 20 minutes away from your house and sit on the swings

you take your phone with you but turn off notifications and just leaving your phone on vibrate just in case somebody important called, you find the park 20 minutes away from your house and sit on the swings. you think and cry a lot leaving your face red and covered in tears. moments later you see micks car pull up at the side, you still sit on the swings and mick sits beside you.
"hey"
"hi" you say clearing your face and look towards your feet lightly swinging yourself.
"your mum called" mick says softly
"so you know..."
"y/n you could have told me" mick says with an upset tone
"he's not gone"
"y/n, pups" mick says this and you break down, he gets up and stands behind you just holding onto you for dear life "please i hate seeing you like this, let's go home okay?"
"please" mick stands infront of you helping you up and helping you into the car, you fall asleep on the way home.

729 words