uhh shit

you wake up to mick cuddled into your chest, you play with his hair until he wakes up "good morning love"
"hi.. is you leg okay?"
"yeah.. is your head okay?"
"way better than it was yesterday"
"that's good then" you chat for a bit and end up getting up early to go get breakfast together.

you two make your way to this small cafe, you both order a muffin and some coffee

you two make your way to this small cafe, you both order a muffin and some coffee. the conversation between you and mick was wholesome and reassuring after yesterdays panic.

after the cafe you head off to the track and get yourself mentally ready for fp3, you decide not to tell guenther about last nights mental breakdown as it's not really his place to know.

you kiss mick and head to the pitwall, "mickey can you hear me?"
"loud and clear pups"

you have to tell mick off for being off track limits sometimes and how mick can do a corner better but fp3 ends and mick gets p5, "mick that's p5, good job"
"better than fp1 that's for sure"
"come back so i can i hug you okay?"
"copy that, now heading in"
mick heads into the pits and you keep your promise, once's he's weighed and got his helmet off you get off pitwall and hug him, he pulls you up off the floor with your hands around his neck, you wanted to wrap your legs around him but there was a camera on you two, mick sees this and let's you down and just looks at you before pulling you to a more private bit so your not being filmed.

when you two are out of the public eye, you kiss mick and then bury your head into his chest, you feel him lightly kiss the top of your head before saying "are you okay?"
"yeah i just really wanted a hug"
"that's okay, you can get the whenever you want, alright?"
you lift your head out of micks chest to look at him "mmh i know"
you and mick head back into the garage and look over some of the laps before heading up to his driver room, you end up cuddling and you fall asleep.

you wake up to mick drawing shapes onto your back, "what are you doing?" you say sleepily
"drawing shapes on your back to wake you up"
"well it worked.. i'm guessing quali is soon"
"in like 30..?, we need to get down"
"then let's goo"
you both get up and you take micks hand leading him back towards the garage, you talk about improvements until mick needs to get into the car, you kiss him then head off to the pitwall.

"all good?"
"yep"
"good to hear"

Q1 goes well both haas boys gets through.
Q2 goes rocky but both boys still get through with kevin in p10 and mick in p9.
Q3 goes well kevin bumps up to p9 and mick goes to p7, "woo p7 mick!"
"that great!"
"see you on the flip side love"

mick arrives back to you pits but you stuck on pitwall because guenther has noticed your leg, you have bled through the bandages and there is just a red spot where it had seeped through. "y/n your leg?"
"oh shii.. uh i'm okay i swear, i fell over yesterday night and fell straight onto glass that's why my hand is bandaged too..."
"can you please go to the medic? bosses order"
"i will do"

you pull your jumper down so that it covers the patch of blood, you tell mick to follow you for a minute, you find an empty space to where nobody is.
"what's wrong?"
"guenther is making me go to the medic, look" you lift up your jumper showing the blood "can you stay back and watch the runs with someone while i get these looked at?"
"if that's what you want yeah, message me when your done"
"will do" you kiss him, then leave to the medical tent. when you get there you see pierre, you completely forgot that he crashed in Q2 and got sent for a checkup.

"shit pierre are you alright?"
"yep just got a bit of whiplash from the impact" pierre looks down and sees the blood "and i see why your here"
"ah uh yeah... guenther saw it and sent me, on 'bosses orders'"
"as he should" pierre calls for a nurse and she immediately takes you to a separate room so that you can take off your trousers so she can examine your leg. the only thing she does is clean it and redress it as that is all she can do, plus none of them were deep enough to cause any harm, "i think they got ripped open when you and mick hugged earlier"
"ah you saw that?"
"it was really sweet but he needs to be more careful with you, especially when your hurt like this"
"i didn't feel a thing so it's my fault too"
"that's okay, if it bleeds or feels worse please come back and ask for me! my names april"
"i will do i promise, can i head back to pierre?"
"ah yeah, i think he's done being checked over so he will probably get a ride back soon."
"thank you april"

you make your way back to pierre and sit next to him leaning your head on his shoulder. "y/n? are you okay?"
"mhm i just feel really stupid for not being able to control myself"
"we can get you help?"
"but then guenther will probably move me off the pitwall and i don't want that..."
"he won't as long as he can see your doing better"
"i will tell him sooner rather than later but i don't want to unpack this now" you lift your head up off his shoulder and you hug him.
"that's okay y/n. in your own time" pierre says before someone comes in saying his ride is here.

996 words