distrust

you wake up to mick bringing you some tea. "thank you" you say sitting up and grabbing the tea.
"do you want to talk about anything?"
"not now, we need to pack for the flight for italy tomorrow"
"pups are you sure you don't want to talk about anything?"
"just respect how i'm dealing with this please" you say deafeated
"okay okay but if anything changes please tell me"
you both pause and you drink your tea, "mick what times the flight?"
"uh like 6am it's sooo early"
"so we need to be awake and out the door by like 3am... oh you are going to hate being up this early" you say slightly smiling at mick
"says you! you just woke up at 2pm!"
"hey! i've had a stressful night"
"sorry yeah no you have"
"now go pack! so we can sleep before the flight"
mick throws his hands up in defeat "okay okay! but you get up so after i'm done we can pack yours"
"deal"

mick leaves and you finish your tea, you then pack for the next hour or so forgetting mick would help you. you set an outfit aside for the flight, you sit on your phone for a little before getting a call off your brother, mick enters but you usher him away so you can talk to your brother alone, you close the door and set your phone on speaker so you can sort out the last few bits of packing. you chat about some of dad's favourite songs and some stupid stories which could be included into the speech at his funeral. "hah you remember the time when dad pushed us around in the wheelbarrow like we were driving!"
"that day was probably my favourite day with the whole family being together"
"me too, and then mum came out and she got in the wheelbarrow"
"i forgot about that! she looked so happy" it goes silent after mentioning mum
"how is mum?"
"weirdly well? she knew it was coming i think, i'm sorry we didn't tell you dad wanted us to leave you out of it until he passed"
"but why? why'd he do that?"
"he saw how happy you were with your new job so he decided to let you not be entangled with his health"
you feel a wave of anger rush over you so you quickly say "anthony ive got to go, love you"
"talk soon okay?"
"okay"

 "hah you remember the time when dad pushed us around in the wheelbarrow like we were driving!" "that day was probably my favourite day with the whole family being together""me too, and then mum came out and she got in the wheelbarrow" "i forgot a...

it's time for the flight and you put on the outfit you put aside, mick collects your bags and your on your way to italy. "have you told anyone about your dad?" "no and don't, i don't want them to see me as this pathetic little girl"
"they won't! but if you don't want anyone to know i will respect that"
"thank you" it's silent for the rest of the ride to the airport.

you hop onto the plane and sleep for the rest of the flight.

once you land you see some other drivers and walk up to them making conversation, mick peels charles away from the group and says something but it doesn't bother you until charles pulls you apart from the group.
"what's up y/n"
"hmm what do you mean?"
"mick just told me about your dad hoping that i could help... i lost my dad too and i denied it"
"i don't know what you mean... charles i'm fine"
"y/n your not, when i mentioned it your eyes started to tear up"
"okay fine yeah i'm not okay but i only want mick to know, i'm already mad that he told you"
"don't be he just did what was best for you"
"i know but it's my baggage to unpack not his!" you raise your voice making the some of the drivers look your way "i can't believe i'm getting intervention right now! i'm fine okay" with the last sentence you lower your voice
"y/n you have my number so call me if you need someone to vent to"
"yeah yeah fine" you leaving finding mick and pulling him away from the group "we're leaving"
"okay yeah let's go" mick says in defeat, you get in a cab and head to the hotel.

709 words