...

you make your way towards ferrari and you bump into carlos on the way up. "hey carlos!"
"hey y/n, are you alright charles told me about your father.."
"ah yeah i'm okay it was just super quick but work takes my mind off it"
"that's good to hear.. i'm guessing your heading up to charles now?"
"yeah i need to ask him something"
"i won't stop you, good to see you!"
"you too carlos!"

you make your way to the driver room and hesitate before you knock, "come in"
"hi"
"hey.. everything alright?"
"yeah yeah, can i ask you something?"
"go ahead"
"how did you deal with grief because i feel like i'm going too fast, hell i made a joke about him being dead this morning"
"y/n people grieve in different ways... no two people will grieve the same, hell me and pierre were polar opposites when we lost anthoine"
"so it's okay to just do what i'm doing?"
"have you had anymore like... how do i put this?" charles pauses "the feeling of numbness, and just sick to your stomach because you've lost him"
you look at charles and don't give him the straightest answer, "no...?"
"are you sure?"
"yes..."
"i really don't believe you but i trust that your dealing with it safely.."
"i will don't worry"
you and charles chat until fp2, you head back to micks driver room just before he goes back down.

"mickey?"
"mhm"
"feeling better?"
"sort of it's still in the back of my head rerunning but fp2 will show anything"
"okay we need to head down now"
"i'll be down in a second i just need to do one thing and i'll see you in the garage"
"yep that's okay, love you"
"love you too" with that you shut the door and leave, heading down to the garage.

you give mick his kiss before heading to the pitwall. "we all good?"
"yes ma'am"
"please never call me that but copy"
"sorry pups"
"all good mick, all good"

mick sets some good lap times but is almost instantly taken over by the big guns of the championship. "mick what's up? your pace has gotten worse"
"i just don't feel good..."
"box then, we are ready for you"
"one last push and i'll be in"

mick sets the 3rd fastest lap with 10 minutes remaining, "mick that's p3 now please pit"
"now heading in"
"copy"
all the mechanics get ready for micks arrival, he gets wheeled in and immediately gets out of the car pretty wobbly, you look behind you and see this, you run when it's safe back into the garage and get mick out of his helmet and balaclava.
"mick you look terrible"
"hmm thanks for that"
"you look so rough though, why didn't you tell me?" you say sounding very concerned "as your main communicator im annoyed that you didn't tell me!" you hit his chest lightly in annoyance
"i needed the results"
"mick no! we need you to be well!"
"she's right mick..." says guenther who appears from behind me "...please just go back to the hotel and rest, we can overlook data tomorrow morning"
"but..."
you talk over him overruling his decision "can i take him back?"
guenther nods and you make your way to the driver room. when your in the room mick stands infront of you, you undo micks race suit and let it fall to his hip.
"i'm fine, i swear"
"mick your pale as hell" you force him to sit down, he leans his head on the wall behind him
"fine okay yeah i feel fuzzy but nothing bad"
"mick take illnesses carefully, they could fuck up this weekend"
"i know but i set a p3!"
"which is now a p6, the boys got quicker" mick looks defeated "mick please just cooperate with me otherwise i'm making a reserve driver step in for fp3" you say placing your hand onto his thigh
"no no no i'm sorry i'll sleep and take medicine i swear!" mick perks up grabbing your hand and facing you
"good, i find it bad that i had to threaten you to get you to do what i wanted.." you laugh
"..can you leave me to get changed?"
"oh uh yeah, i'll meet you by the gate"
"thank you pups"
you smile and leave the room thinking that you were a burden to mick in that moment, you wait for him by the gate just flicking through your phone. "can we go?" mick says quietly
"yeah, come on" you take micks hand and you both get into a cab and make your way back to the hotel.

mick immediately gets undressed and slumps on the bed in just a tshirt and underwear, "mick can you take this please.." you say handing mick this small pill which helps with headaches and a glass of water
"for my head?"
"yeah, take it then sleep because that's how it will work best okay?"
"mhm, thank you" mick says with a groggy voice
"i'm going to go on a walk so don't be alarmed, if i need anything i'll call charles"
"okay message me or call me if he doesn't respond okay?"
"will do" you kiss the top of his head and leave the room, you try to find the park you were at yesterday, you message mick that your safe and find yourself back swinging lightly on the swings while playing some nice music like 'for the first time by mac demarco' 'spring fling? by samuel marklee' and a lot more with the same vibe.

933 words